Let' see your Growleys

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
We've had several "show and tells" for other makers but none for one of the BEST (jmho) makers who is ALSO one of our bothers, Brian "Growley" Rowley :cheers:
I'll start with my Pot he made for me that has to be THE BEST pipe I have !! It has the most PERFECT fishtail bit I've ever put 'tween my teeth, a fantastic sandblast, and the fit and finish EQUAL that of my Charatn Exectutive I've had for over 35 years now. And it is truely a pipe that once lit, smokes itself with no effort or thought by me no matter what type of 'bac I put in it :p
I kow there are other bro's out there who have Brother Brians work so let's see 'em :cheers:

Damn, Rusty! You've got a veritable Growly sub-collection! Great lookin' pipes!

I have four of Brian's pipes. Two rejects that we did some swapping for and these two.

The first is the infamous Growley Ramses. The next is a Lumberman that Brian gifted to me as a wedding present. It is one of my favorite pipes!

070212a1.jpg

Brian does some fantastic work! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ocelot55":0h1llu76 said:
I have four of Brian's pipes. Two rejects that we did some swapping for and these two.

The first is the infamous Growley Ramses. The next is a Lumberman that Brian gifted to me as a wedding present. It is one of my favorite pipes!

Jesse,

That Ramses is going WAY back :D . It's weird seeing some of my "old" work. I'm glad I've given you a pipe here and there to make up for charging you for that one. ;)

Ocelot55":26so6cad said:

070212a1.jpg
That Ramses is a bute, just added to the wish list.

here is mine, just got it on saturday. perfect draw, hangs like it isn't there. bigger bowl than you'd think for the overall size of the pipe too.
i will be going to Brian in the future.

img_0674-copy.jpg

img_0686-copy.jpg

img_0687-copy.jpg

Lovely stuff! Ocelot has a photo of my wonderful Growley, affectionately known as the Behemoth... If he would be so kind as to put it up, I'll put up a standalone picture of it also!

He hasn't been making pipes very long, and to produce work such as he has is nothing short of phenomenal!

WarlockBob":a9vcwmu1 said:
Lovely stuff! Ocelot has a photo of my wonderful Growley, affectionately known as the Behemoth... If he would be so kind as to put it up, I'll put up a standalone picture of it also!
I don't think I have those photos anymore. Looks like you'll have to take a few more. Although, having seen the pipe, I'd say that the name "Behemoth" is very appropriate! :D

Ocelot55":ym7euvgi said:
WarlockBob":ym7euvgi said:
I don't think I have those photos anymore. Looks like you'll have to take a few more. Although, having seen the pipe, I'd say that the name "Behemoth" is very appropriate! :D
Here, I'll save ya the trouble. Here are the original photos. I've got pics of every pipe I've ever made. It's good to look back sometimes. To this day, that is still the smallest pipe I've ever made :D

WarlockBob, do you actually smoke that little guy?

Brian

IMG_2911-M.jpg

IMG_2912-M.jpg