LET'S SEE PICS OF YOU SMOKING A PIPE

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrT999":oekce6v7 said:
Such as I am. . . .

pipe-cap.jpg
Nice codger scowl.

%3Ca%20href=
pipein12.jpg
" />

You will wish you hadn't asked for a picture....this one will break the thread.

Smoking a Briar Spirit Pipe...of course.

Here's me at a conference. I'd love to say I'm the guy with the stellar beard, but alas I'm the bald guy next to him. For what it's worth, there are 4 Growley pipes representing in this pic  :D , 3 Growley owners and one Growley loaner.

pipemo10.jpg

Here's another. Five Growley pipes in this pic...no loaners, all owners.

hm_pip10.jpg

pepesdad1":w8thnwet said:
%3Ca%20href=
pipein12.jpg
" />

Jeez Walt. You certainly look much younger than 70. Still got your hair and hardly any grey. And you look like you're
not carrying any extra lbs. Kudos to you. I'm slim like that too.

Hope I look that good in another 9 years!

;) 

Cheers,

RR

IMG_20140206_202942_380_zpsf6bb529c.jpg

Here's me smoking Dark Bird's Eye in my favorite pipe, a Mastro de Paja bent Dublin, with my messy home office as a backdrop.

This is my Karl Koplin (Ed Koplin's son) carved 9" diamond shank Canadian custom, made by Karl to be the prize at a pipe show, but which he let me have instead, a sweet smoker.  The setting is just my den, taking a break from pruning the fruit trees out back (hence the life guard hat, UV 400, doncha know?):

photo_14.jpg

And this is one of my new, inexpensive Savinelli Duco rusticates, smoking right now, having come in from the all-too-rare rain here in California to shoot this in my equally messy home office:

photo_16.jpg

I'll try to shoot something more artful at a later time, like after my two trials are over and it's not raining.  I agree that smoking out of doors is more pleasureful than indoors.

pepesdad1":b023f1p5 said:
%3Ca%20href=
pipein12.jpg
" />

Say what you will about yourself my dear friend but you have just about the most open and honest looking gaze I have ever seen, not forgetting of course that when Isis saw this photo she asked who the photo was of, when I said it was you she responded with "Wally pretty man", close enough to Walt I guess but you get the idea there, I love that photo of you, looks grand.

Great looking mugs, guys. I guess I'll play.

This is my one and only "selfie." Ugh, I really hate that "word."

Here I am in my car enjoying some Oriental Dusk out of my Il Duca morta.

That's the best pipe you've made to date, David!  :mrgreen: 

Ocelot55":yx8lyk60 said:
That's the best pipe you've made to date, David!  :mrgreen: 
That's why I kept it.  8) 

There's also this pic:

NzKModAl.jpg