Lets See Pics Of Your First Pipe And Do You Still Have It?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeDragon

Reaction score
I was looking through some old pics and came across some of my first pipe (of which I still have)

Its an Ismet Beckler Sun/Moon Meerschaum.

Here she is below:

124e7eee045e__1353938681000.bmp

60ce97412ec9__1353938680000.bmp

23a687be72ec__1353938680000.jpg

8c50bf8607b0__1353938680000.jpg

I no longer have my first pipe, a Peterson System Pipe (317 I believe). I gave it away to an aspiring pipester.

I have my first pipes, I bought a handful in a single ebay bid. I will post pictures when I get home. I also have the first pipe I ever made, and I still smoke it all the time.

rev

This is the first pipe (and first tin of Blackwoods Flake) I purchased when I decided to take the hobby a bit more seriously a few years ago, before that it was basket briar and cheap cobs purchased in college that are long gone. I still have the pipe. The stem's not as shiny but the briar is still in good shape.

The Dr. Grabow in the top right corner, and I still have it. I occasionally pull it out and smoke it just for the heck of it.

I don't have a pic of my "first" pipe, which I still have and smoke, a GBD Century st. bulldog, I do have a pic of my first Charatan Pot, a Special I bought back in '73 as I recall. It was my first "high end" pipe and smoked great back then and BETTER now :p

CharatanSpecialpotwtaperedstem.jpg

GuitarMyFriend now owns my first pipe. Sentiment was overshadowed by its need to be appreciated and used.

8)

A GBD LondonMade I bought at a tobacconist in State College, PA circa 1987. RiffRaff just restored it for me!!!!

My first is long gone. It was a Dr. Grabow straight apple that I picked up from Walgreens.

First pipe was an estate Willmer Blaze Grain I purchased in 2000. She was a mess and in retrospect, turned out to also be my first complete refurb. Still have it and smoke it today. It's a great thick walled pot. Here's a pic from about a week ago that got a little HDR treatment before it was originally posted to FB.

20121111.jpg

just smoked out of it last night. Funny how at the punk rock show, smoking a pipe immediately makes you into the cool old dude.

400081_10151122420135168_1535840462_n.jpg

rev

Ok here it is! One clay pipe bought from Crazy Crow Trading Post back in '86. Still have it and I still smoke it every now and again.

Jim

4CCA265B-78A0-4BBB-A57C-E1DB600C9A70-7654-00001091F82FAA3A_zps0767638b.jpg

'Twas my freshman year, Saw Hugh & said 2 myself, MUST have a pipe!! Told my floor in the dorm, much to my surprise a 'dormie' said: "Don't buy anything until after the weekend, when I get back!" He came back w/ 3 choices: Can't remember the other 2, BUT the Billiard was exactly what I was looking 4. "IT'S YOURS!" HE was the Grandson of the Founder of Cellini/ORIGINALS!! Bore his name: ELLIOTT. {IF UR READING THIS, PM ME, THANKS! JOE, now in OREGON} LATER, I FOUND A TWIN on eBay, bought it too. & Others, W/ PRIMO'S NAME ON THEM. It came back to me, 30+ yrs later. Mark Wollf re-stemmed it for me. That was 6 yrs ago! Now, I have Dunhills, Charatans{MY FAVORITES!}, Micoli, GBD, & A "CHUNK" I CALL 'WASHINGTON'S PIPE'& MORE PIPES THAN ANY ONE MAN DESERVES!! THANK YOU FOR CAUSING ME TO GO BACK... Fuelfixer/Joe in Oregon

ahh first pipe, was a MM cherry wood poker. I bought it in april of 2009.. I think I bought some borkum riff cherry to go with it, and try it out, because I just got the urge one day, and I didn't wanna buy some crappy swisher sweets or something....
Finally after a few days of killing my tongue, I decided to ditch the borkum riff and go for some Smokers Pride Vanilla (which wasn't that bad, from what I remember).. I finally made a trip out to a Tinderbox and bought a Czech Bulldog basket pipe for 30$, with a couple of diff blends.. I dont have that pipe anymore, however my first real pipe was a Paronelli 3/4 bent shape 557. I liked the colors, theme and finish, actually I have a straight billiard of the same series.. They are okay smokers....
19E8BB4C-6773-41D9-AAFA-F66367DF5CA1-29977-0000213E43F0A71C.jpg
[/img]
Good times Good times..

My first pipe was this L'Anatra sitter, and my first flake pipe was this Stanwell horn.....

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

Stanwell1.jpg

Stanwell2.jpg

Alpha Beta Billiard, bought in '02 around my 18th birthday. Stem tennon was replaced during the first year I had it, my now brother in law stepped on it by accident during a drinking session at the river, but you live and you learn.

My first pipe was a "The Pipe" in a green color and the shape was a straight saddle bit bulldog. I got it 43 years ago when I was 23 years old, and it was a gift from my new bride. The Pipe was a pipe made out of composite "space age" materials that could be cleaned by running it through the dishwasher, which is something I never did. I don't have the pipe any longer and it was not a great smoker, but I was just starting out on my journey into pipes and thought the thing just looked cool in that neat green color. I no longer have the pipe, but I still have the bride. :lol: