LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR PIPE WORK BENCH

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastie3202

Reaction score
Hopefully this hasn't already been done.  Always love to see a craftsman's workbench.  You know the place where all your spare time is spent.  So for you makers and restorers out there, let's see your workbench, your inner sanctum.

I'll start.  Mine is in the garage and I have just about everything I need to stay out there for long periods of time, with the exception of the beer cooler and the throne, if ya know what I mean.  I have to confess that I did clean it up for the picture.

IMG_20140203_202935_zpse7c21db0.jpg
" />
IMG_20140203_202852_zpsde7f399e.jpg
" />

Coastie, That's one nice shop there, mine is pretty small and I can only fit tools and the like in it.
Really love the pipes and the center piece there.
Here's a pic of my little shop, I use to restore antique electric fans and any other thing I could get my hands on. Now most things are much to heavy for me so I've been restoring  pipes for the last few years but, the dadburn fans and such are still hanging around.

I'm currently in a small apartment, so restoration stuff has to get put away from the kitchen table when I'm done with it. I can't wait to have a shop like you guys some day. Maybe when I'm done with school and have a job.

Cartaphilus":3ga3mqu2 said:
Coastie, That's one nice shop there, mine is pretty small and I can only fit tools and the like in it.
Here's a pic of my little shop, I use to restore antique electric fans and any other thing I could get my hands on. Now most things are much to heavy for me so I've been restoring  pipes for the last few years but, the dadburn fans and such are still hanging around.
To tell you the truth I would prefer to have your shop as it is all yours.  My shop is in the attached garage and is shared with the wife's laundry hobby area  :lol: , her car and my motorcycle.  The wife tends to get a bit touchy about the pipe smoke in the garage at times, and the damn cat loves to come in from the house and wander around the workbench when I am in the middle of something.  Yep, got plenty of room, but there are downsides.  Once I get moved back to Oregon I will be looking for property and a house that has either a detached garage or a detached work building.  Then the shop will be mine, all mine (insert evil laugh here). At that point I want to get into pipe making, which is my dream. In the mean time I cruise forums hoping to learn from the experience of our Briar Brothers.

Thomas Tkach":alc1hdbo said:
I'm currently in a small apartment, so restoration stuff has to get put away from the kitchen table when I'm done with it. I can't wait to have a shop like you guys some day. Maybe when I'm done with school and have a job.
Patience Thomas, patience. It took me over 30 years before I got a shop, and as you probably read, it is not in the perfect location. But I love my little area of the house.

riff raff":043yuksw said:
Here's my setup, in this Reborn Pipes blog entry:
I'm seeing the lines of a classic car.  Tell me more.

Oh, and hello Riff Raff, a familiar brother from PSF.

Coastie3202":9myvls1b said:
Cartaphilus":9myvls1b said:
To tell you the truth I would prefer to have your shop as it is all yours.  My shop is in the attached garage and is shared with the wife's laundry hobby area  :lol: , her car and my motorcycle.  The wife tends to get a bit touchy about the pipe smoke in the garage at times, and the damn cat loves to come in from the house and wander around the workbench when I am in the middle of something.  Yep, got plenty of room, but there are downsides.  Once I get moved back to Oregon I will be looking for property and a house that has either a detached garage or a detached work building.  Then the shop will be mine, all mine (insert evil laugh here).  At that point I want to get into pipe making, which is my dream.  In the mean time I cruise forums hoping to learn from the experience of our Briar Brothers.
I understand and, my shop is certainly mine. Been meaning to put up a sign on the outside that says "NO Girls Allowed"
My shop will be complete when I finally get me a little wood burner and a rocker for it's porch. Then I can kick back and have a good smoke on it anytime I feel.
And I too wish to try my hand more at making pipes, I've already got some ideas rattling around in this ole head for a few. I just have to control my PAD long enough so I can afford it. 

Richard Hester":qnujdbjk said:
My little work shop
Yep Richard, that is what I am working on setting up once I get back to Oregon. I am jealous.

Coastie3202":r4l4h5zv said:
riff raff":r4l4h5zv said:
Here's my setup, in this Reborn Pipes blog entry:
I'm seeing the lines of a classic car.  Tell me more.

Oh, and hello Riff Raff, a familiar brother from PSF.
That is our '79 MGB. I do car & motorcycle work in the garage, in addition to my pipe work. You can see motorcycle parts piled on the edge of that picture, I usually like my bench to be a little neater than that. My smoking area is off to the side of the cars parking, where the bike resides.

Here is my work table which is an upgrade from a my portable 2x2 table with a 5 gallon bucket to sit on

104_1710.jpg
" />

104_0710.jpg
" />

photo010.jpg
" />

100_1410.jpg
" />

rekamepip":ioax11lc said:
Here is my work table which is an upgrade from a my portable 2x2 table with a 5 gallon bucket to sit on

100_1410.jpg
" />
CONGRATS John.  You got a chair.   :lol!: 

A quick glance at the last picture and I thought there was a lobster on your table.  Then I put my glasses on.

Coastie3202":xn7ufany said:
A quick glance at the last picture and I thought there was a lobster on your table.  Then I put my glasses on.
That gives me an idea

rekamepip":4fl52ss1 said:
Coastie3202":4fl52ss1 said:
That gives me an idea
Oh Lord, what have I done?  :fpalm: 

These are all awesome Brothers!!! Wish I could travel around and have a smoke and shoot the breeze in your shops!

Love these work stations. Hoping to start mine up this winter. Some of my most enjoyable pipe sessions are spent sanding a block of Briar.