Let's see some fish

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hawker said:
Lower Stoney fall of 2013

Ahhhhhh,
Brook Trout, or Speckled Trout as you call them in Canada. The most beautiful fish in the world IMO, and the finest quarry on a fly rod. Love 'em.
Thanks for the photo.

Out west in California/Nevada we call em Brookies too, but they're rarely bigger than 12 inches.

Puff Daddy":y9797tdw said:
Out west in California/Nevada we call em Brookies too, but they're rarely bigger than 12 inches.
I have old photos that I want to convert to digital format of brookies that I caught in the Northern most region of Quebec. They were 4 1/2 to 5 pound brook trout, and Lake Trout over 50 pounds. The most amazing fresh water fishing I've ever experienced. I returned every year for over 10 years back in the 1970's. The memories will be with me forever. Up in Quebec they do call brook trout Speckled Trout, unlike the rest of us. Life is a little different up there.

Here's me with a sea trout I caught on the Murrel River in the Falklands...

Why you should never go fishing with Moses:

image78.jpg

docwatson":e5ipimia said:
Great looking fish there Stick. Thanks for sharing.
Andy
Thanks Andy. I'm liking your bass too. I caught a few of those whilst paddling down the Petawawa in the Algonquin a few years ago. A good fun fish as I recall...

... and here's me 'at home' in the mountains of Blighty doing my favourite form of fishing; opportunistic fly fishing for wild brownies.  Floating line (weight forward), 10ft leader with a single dry (probably black gnat) on the tip.  And my tent is only 30ft away.  Perfection...