Let's see those Rolexes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, no Rolex here. I have very particular requirements. Hypoallergenic, it must be. That means good solid Gold, solid Titanium, stainless with no nickel in it. Stainless becomes quite soft when you remove the nickel. Platinum might work, but I have never tested it.

I tried a Titanium Seiko a couple times. Real nice and dressy for a fairly inexpensive watch, but my body killed them. They would go dead and no longer run. This Fossil was only a little over $100, but it's taken everything I can throw at it, and it does not eat holes in my skin and flesh. Cannot get them in Titanium anymore.

fossil10.jpg
[/url][/img]

Carlos":j8omo42t said:
Sorry, no Rolex here.  I have very particular requirements.  Hypoallergenic, it must be.  That means good solid Gold, solid Titanium, stainless with no nickel in it.  Stainless becomes quite soft when you remove the nickel.  Platinum might work, but I have never tested it.  

I tried a Titanium Seiko a couple times.  Real nice and dressy for a fairly inexpensive watch, but my body killed them.  They would go dead and no longer run.  This Fossil was only a little over $100, but it's taken everything I can throw at it, and it does not eat holes in my skin and flesh.  Cannot get them in Titanium anymore.

I no longer wear a wristwatch but, I had a similar problem with all of them. The acid in my skin would literally eat them away to the point that the base of the watch would look like a rat chewed on it and it would end up cutting my wrist, although on second thought that might have been a good thing.

My dad does that. Eats the back right out of a watch. Not me. Cannot carry change in my pockets because it will eat holes in me.

Carlos":8fphncd7 said:
My dad does that.  Eats the back right out of a watch.  Not me.  Cannot carry change in my pockets because it will eat holes in me.
Oh Gees!  :affraid: 

If you want bullet proof and low maintenance get a Casio G Shock with solar power and atomic time updating with the titanium caseback.

Greyson":xiwy5dq5 said:
I too dislike the feel of a wristwatch, and I've refused to wear one for the last ten years or so. However, my father did give me his solid gold Patek Philippe. He was given it by his company decades ago for being their best salesman, I don't think he'd ever have bought anything as ostentatious as this otherwise. He read an article in the 70s which said this particular watch (watch series I assume) would someday be worth a million due to the gold construction and delicate mechanisms used, and I think he gave it to me as an emergency 'get out of deep shit card' if I needed to sell something for emergency cash. Thus far I've not used it. Anyhow, here it is:

15442707.jpg
I don't know if its a cultural thing, or perhaps just an attitude I have developed because I'm always struggling to get by, but I'd never wear this watch even if I wore watches. Same goes for a Rolex, though I'm not trying to have a go at anyone here. To me, if I see a guy wearing a Rolex, I don't think 'that's a nice watch', I think 'that guys trying to show how much money he has'. And to me that's a very negative impression to give. Again, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, maybe attitudes are different in the states or maybe I'm out of step with society, I don't know.
that is a serious watch.. I hope you are keeping it in a safe deposit box and have it insured. you are talking a minimum of $10k. depending on model and if it's been worn it could go way up from there.