Lets See Your Cowboy Boots!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbinedave

Reaction score
Here are one of my pairs. They are Lucchese Classic goat skin in brushoff tan: model no. 1506. Have had these a few years and still look as good as the day I bought them. They have been resoled once.

Ha! Very nice.

I don't have any cowboy boots, but I do have Anakin Skywalker boots in storage if they count...

Went down to San Antonio two years ago and had a pair like these made. My daddy used to get his boots made by them and I've gone thru probably 10 or 12 pair since I started getting mine made back when I got back from 'Nam in '70. Thought I'd get some "old school" style this time and I love 'em!

LuccheseL1657.jpg

I wear some of their calfskin Ropers like these daily

LuccheseL3520roper.jpg

They make DAMN FINE boots :p

Here are my everyday boots----Ariat Heritage Ropers in Distressed Leather.

Cowboy boots, that's all I've worn since I was 15. Tony Lama and Justin's, I do have a pair of Dan Posts but, they don't make'em like they use to is all I'm going to say.
"J" and "X" toe is all I wore but, nowadays that's hard to find specially with a decent heel.
Still have a few J's but I got a pair of square clip toed  Tony's that as always are real comfortable and stabilize me a bit more nowadays. I'll try to get some of them photoed, until then here's a pair I wish I had back.

1940sBoots.jpg" style="width: 700px;height: 516px

Back in the day when cowboy boots was all I wore I preferred Sanders boots - real pegged soles, nice underslung heel, and none of those cockroach-killer toes :x .  Don't even know if they make 'em any more, but they made a fine boot back then.  I haven't owned a pair of cowboy boots in probably 25 years.

Idlefellow":ad5gy90k said:
Back in the day when cowboy boots was all I wore I preferred Sanders boots - real pegged soles, nice underslung heel, and none of those cockroach-killer toes :x .  Don't even know if they make 'em any more, but they made a fine boot back then.  I haven't owned a pair of cowboy boots in probably 25 years.
Cockroach Killers eh! Well, sir that's all I wore. There was a purpose for those "J" and "X" toes that you obviously don't know.

I tease my brother all the time about his cowboy boots...

Manly, outdoorsy types, strong and brave, who love to wear high heels. :)

PozzSka":m2c61bdb said:
I tease my brother all the time about his cowboy boots...

Manly, outdoorsy types, strong and brave, who love to wear high heels. :)
The higher sloped heels were designed so after a rope was thrown and the cowboy was off his horse he could brake gently with his heels and not dig in abruptly breaking ones ankle. Hence Dogging heels and or Riding heels.

Do you know why goat-ropers smash the sides of the hats up and pull them down in the front and back?
So they can walk between pick up trucks. (that's when trucks had real mirrors on the sides, not those of today.)

You know why cowboys have their name on the back of there belt?
So truck drivers knew who they where..................................

Cartaphilus":ab2rwke4 said:
Idlefellow":ab2rwke4 said:
Cockroach Killers eh! Well, sir that's all I wore. There was a purpose for those "J" and "X" toes that you obviously don't know.
Authentic cowboy boots have a rounded toe; the pointy toes are a Hollywood affectation:  

"Rounded: Real, classic cowboy boots feature a toe that is tapered (i.e. smaller towards the tip), but also rounded.  The shape of this toe let the cowboy of the old west easily slip his foot in and out of the stirrups.  The rounded toe was just a little more practical than the extreme point. This toe is ideal for riding!"

"POINTED: Pointed toe cowboy boots have been popular since at least the 1950s, but have been particularly prominent in modern fashion since the early 2000s.  Pointed toes can be “needle pointed” (come to a sharp point), or can be slightly blunted (snipped) at the end of the toe."

I have a pair of black Justin Ropers, perhaps the most comfortable boot I've ever owned.

My daughter was over to go for a ride last night & when i took my boots off i thought of the BOB boot thread, so here's mine.

Wore only Justin ropers all my life but these when i couldn't find a pair of Justins i thought i'd try these and they are just as comfortable as any i've had, fit like a glove. Boulet boots bullhide w/goat skin uppers.

I never understood cowboy boots, but then again I am from new jersey. I live in south jersey and believe it or not it is below the Mason Dixon but that doesn't mean I could put on a pair of cowboy boots and fell comfortable. I just wear skate shoes but they are becoming harder to find in size 14-15. I just might get a pair of these

I know there aint no cowboy in those boots but I like them