Lighter with adaptation to go down into the bowl?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forsooth

Reaction score
I have a Zippo pipe lighter, but I want to get a lighter that I can physically extend down into the bowl. I think I've seen one somewhere with an extruding "tube" on it that can go into the bowl.

IOW, not a lighter with just an angled flame.

Any suggestions?

Colibri used to have a gooseneck lighter with an extending flame thrower, as it were; searching it seems to be called the Flexion. I got one from Boswell's maybe two years ago, but I think they were discontinuing it; whether or not it's still in production it sounds like what you're looking for; you might scan eBay or see if another store carries one. It's a bit big to carry, but I keep it on my desk for the bottom of deep bowls.

I was really looking for a dedicated pipe lighter...HERE is something sorta like what I was looking for.

Is that Zippo Flexneck a torch-style lighter? Bad news for pipes if it is.

These cost about $18 at my local pipe store. The correct flame setting is a bit temperature sensitive. In cold weather I warm it in my hand or sit on it for a few minutes to mitigate that. Mine is several years old and still working fine, using Lucienne butane fuel.

Steve

Lotus_vertigo_reach.jpg

sstodvictory --

YES, that is the one I knew I had seen! Thanks very much! I'm getting one.

And thanks for sending the photos!!!

I use this to get waaaaayyyyy down in the bowl of my favorite oop paul and dutch freeform with a deep bowl.

4048132-wooden-match-burning-on-a-black-background.jpg

I don't use any particular brand of butane with this one. :lol!:

I wanted something I could depend on. I heard those things go on strike.

That Coleman is the same basic lighter model as the Colibri, but probably less money. I'd wager. The other one with the straight extention look cool, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it the next time I need one, thanks.