Local Blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamson

Reaction score
Though we often discuss the finer points of the more mainstream tobacco blends there are many local blends out there. My local tobacconist carries quite a variety of house blends and some of my favorite tobaccos have come from there. Particularly one they have dubbed "Chocolate Manhood" which is a Black Cavendish Latakia mix. Does anyone have a local blend that has become a favorite of theirs? There are many local shops out there that blend there own tobacco it seems that there might be quite a few really good blends out there that are unheard of to most.

Downtown there's LJ Peretti, from whom I sampled my first latakia blend, Midnight. It was a little one-dimentional, but opened up the door to english styles for me. I'm mostly ambivalent toward them and prever VAs and VAPers. Their Scottish Flake, however, was superb. Thick, black, and oily, and tasted great. The problem I had with it was mostly that it was so thick, I could barely get it lit.

I need to get back there one of these days...