Local Knife Show, entered one of my custom made...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonecoyote

Reaction score
Was a local knife show so I entered this knife because the rules stated you must use local wood of your area for the handle scales. The knife is a clip point with fancy file work along the spine. The thumb guard I made from a solid piece of brass and then also did some file work. The pommel of the knife I used a Proof .999 Sterling Silver coin and epoxy resin, to hold it in place and a few coats over the coin for a lifetime protection. The handle was made from an old birch tree, solid but extremely lite weight, found in the woods across the street where I live. I did 6 coats of Tung oil on the handle then buffed with Flitz. The sheath was a kit that I purchased for $10.00 as a closeout. If I purchased just the leather alone it would have cost twice that amount. I did some design work and staining to the leather. Spent allot of time on the project a few years ago. But it was worth it, the knife took 1st place and I won $500.00!!! Came in handy...lol.  I was asked to please post more of the knives you've made here on the BoB,  so for the 2 to 4 people that usually comment, just for you guys!!

PS
It's a full hidden tang knife
Hangs on the wall of my bedroom

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
WA0hVox.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px
n7EU1EZ.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 400px
SpFgumE.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

I Alex say this with sound mind as the cold medicine i took 5 mins ago hasn't taken effect.  Ted you got this. I have never seen a blade that rivals the ones you craft.

Thanks Alex, there are plenty of well skilled knife makers around who take pride in their work, and some use to be's that sold their name....lol. It's just amazing what's out there at the shows. Before I became ill I made many knives, now just pipes and tampers, and enjoy the craft.

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER, you should just rest today.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Oh, I call it the PIG STICKER. God forbid the wrong person comes into this home. One day I will post the Fantasy Knife I made to kill Zombies that enter this home:lol!: :lol!: This blade will penetrate all the way thru!! Also sleep with a 1911 under my pillow. Allot more robberies down South, much more than I was use to back on Long Island for sure.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I like that one, a lot.

FWIW, I do look at the knife threads, custom jobs or otherwise. I just don't comment all the time. "I like that one a lot" may be a slight ego boost or perhaps offer the comfort of peer acceptance, but it doesn't communicate much else. I really do wish we had a 'like/dislike' or thumbs up/thumbs down system. We could enable the 'Karma' feature but that system rewards quantity with little care about quality. A guy