Local pub tonight

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadrack

Reaction score
Ah just got back from the local pub that has many a fine craft beer. I had such treats as Bolder Mojo Risin Double IPA, Rohrbach Scotch Ale , Planet Porter....... What's your drink tonight for those BOB who tempt the darker side of ale? :twisted:

All those sound good to me!! Just finished a big ol' bottle of bottle-conditioned Boulevard Double IPA! Good stuff!! :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":z1nf9u0c said:
All those sound good to me!! Just finished a big ol' bottle of bottle-conditioned Boulevard Double IPA! Good stuff!! :cheers: FTRPLT
Nice! I like a good bottle conditioned ale. I think my favorite of the night was the
Troegs Nugget Nectar. Great sweet and tangy flavor. Now I'm topping the night off with a little GLP Chelsea Morning which I've found to be a fantastic all day smoke.

Ah, great topic. I just finished off a bottle of Victory brewing Co. Hopdevil. I also enjoy Brooklyn's Chocolate Stout, they only brew it in the winter but boy is it worth the wait.

Midnight Blues":813atrb0 said:
Ah, great topic. I just finished off a bottle of Victory brewing Co. Hopdevil. I also enjoy Brooklyn's Chocolate Stout, they only brew it in the winter but boy is it worth the wait.
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is one of my winter favorites. I remember back, oh must have been 10 years ago, when the Blue Tusk had a year aged version on tap. It had changed quite a lot and tasted more barleywine like but was fantastic. Now you've got me thinking. Maybe I'll try aging some for next winter to see if it turns out the same way. :D

shadrack":vkph2fh5 said:
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is one of winter favorites.
I am not an Ale guy at all but I love me some stout and Brooklyn Black Chocolate is one of my absolute favorites! I recently finished up a 4 pack that I picked up at Pipe & Pint.

Justpipes":h848ecfm said:
shadrack":h848ecfm said:
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is one of winter favorites.
I am not an Ale guy at all but I love me some stout and Brooklyn Black Chocolate is one of my absolute favorites! I recently finished up a 4 pack that I picked up at Pipe & Pint.
Yes one of life finer things! It ages beautifully but I just can't leave it alone long enough. Another great chocolate stout is Stormking by the Victory brewing co. Just amazing stuff.
Now that winter is behind us I'm looking forward to some nice IPA's, can anyone say Dogfishhead.

I didn't mention it because it is so out rageously expensive but the absolute best malt liquor beverage that I have ever had is Samichlaus. It is only brewed one time per year on December 6th in Austria. A 4 pack around here goes for around $30. I usually purchase one 4 pack a year.

Otherwise I rather fancy Mackeson XXX Stout and Rogue Chocolate Stout.