Looking for A Brother or Sister to make a replacement stem

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Furgeson

Reaction score
I am seeking a brother or Sister to make a replacemant stem for this Antique store found Canaidian. I am not interested in website referals. I would like to put some money ia the pocket of a member ratther then deal with a web site. I would like a green lucite stem if possible. Please let me know if you can help me out on this.Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Regards,
Eric Furgeson

Eric

There are several brothers/sisters here who can do this for you. Off the top of my head-

Ocelot55
Cartaphilus
taharris

To name a few

kaitlyn3837 and Ontariopiper do refurbs, but not sure if they can make a stem.

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

Cheers,

RR

kaitlyn3837
Ontariopiper

Thanks for the info Brew. It could turn out to be very helpful.I shall see who if anyone responds. I am not seaking to but anyone in the position of having to turn me down. Would rather hear from someone who would like to do it before ai go door knocking.

Eric

Forgot to mention Doverpipes, and dshpipes is also a possibility as they're pipemakers as well and could build you a stem. And also Charl Goussard come to think of it, if you don't mind shipping from S. Africa!

So you have plenty of options.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks again for the heads up. No offence to anyone but I think S.Africa is a bit far for me to ship it. Besides I would not even know what the requirements are for shipping it there are.

Eric Furgeson":1rz3at6q said:
Thanks again for the heads up. No offence to anyone but I think S.Africa is a bit far for me to ship it. Besides I would not even know what the requirements are for shipping it there are.
Roger that. Charl does great work though, and it may be less than you think.

Just sayin'............

;)

Cheers,

RR

Eric Furgeson":gtxlfm5j said:
Only money is required. Figure a base price of 25 bucks for the first 16 ounces.:lol!:

Thanks Ozzy still hoping someone will be interested be fore I go door knocking tho.

Brewdude":l0ob187x said:
Eric Furgeson":l0ob187x said:
Roger that. Charl does great work though, and it may be less than you think.

Just sayin'............

;)

Cheers,

RR
I have a lovat he made, the stem and button are top shelf work and very comfortable

Blackhorse":4bcufcxd said:
You might think about posting this in the DIY section.
<table><tr><td></td></tr></table> I would like to ask if there is way of moving this post to that board and if so could you assist me in doing so? not to sound lazy or ignorent. I would like if poosible to move the comments as well so I can maintain all the referances in one location.

I do refurbs and have started my way into the creating of stems by purchasing the necessary tools. But at the moment I do not possess the ability to actually create the stems yet. Soon though!

With that being said, I have another local refurbisher who I can refer the work to (good friend of mine that has taught me a lot). If there isn't a BoB that has time for the work, let me know and I can get it done for you with my friend.

I beleive I have found someone the do the work for me. Brother taharris has offered me a fair bid to do the work and Though I am still thinking it over I belive once I arrange my budget I shall happily finalize the deal. Thank you for all of your advise and kind suggestions. This is why I have come to rely on my Brothers and Sisters here in all matters of my piping experiences.

Brewdude":g4jp30sr said:
Forgot to mention DoverPipes.....
Full disclosure: I collect, refurbish, trade, and sell pipes. I also dabble in blending tobacco on a very limited basis. I am definitely not a carver of any note. More of a "hacker of briar", my skills are limited at best..........  :p

DoverPipes":58siq4z1 said:
Brewdude":58siq4z1 said:
Forgot to mention DoverPipes.....
Full disclosure: I collect, refurbish, trade, and sell pipes. I also dabble in blending tobacco on a very limited basis. I am definitely not a carver of any note. More of a "hacker of briar", my skills are limited at best..........  :p
Honesty with self is often the first step to artistry.