Looking for a cure. PIC HEAVY (update 12/11/12)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftover421

Reaction score
My collection in chronological order or my growing PAD/TAD. Starting with my first outbreak on 10/24/12 and updated as often as I can. I felt like this photo journal was necessary for the betterment of medical science. Maybe someday with my help doctors may be able to cure this costly disorder.
10/24/2012 at my local B&M
padtad12.jpg
[/url][/img]

10/29/12
imag0013.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0014.jpg
[/url][/img]
This pipe was purchased 10/18/2012 on fleabay but didn’t arrive until 10/27/2012
imag0015.jpg
[/url][/img]
Still stored tobacco in the baggies they came in at this point
imag0016.jpg
[/url][/img]

11/3/2012-11/6/2012
The disorder becomes more serious with the purchase of a pipe stand, another cob, and was gifted another basket pipe.
imag0136.jpg
[/url][/img]
Then these showed up in the mail (Thank you brother bentbulldog)
imag0138.jpg
[/url][/img]
Also during the same time I hit up Big Lots and pickup this 3 drawer stand.
imag0139.jpg
[/url][/img]
No longer using the baggies to store my Tobacco
imag0140.jpg
[/url][/img]

11/12/2012
imag0141.jpg
[/url][/img]
No pipe this time but accessory heavy
imag0142.jpg
[/url][/img]
The pipe collection at this point
imag0143.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0224.jpg
[/url][/img]

11/19/2012
just a single pipe but boy what a pipe
imag0225.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0226.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0227.jpg
[/url][/img]

11/24/2012
Fleabay strikes again
imag0315.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0316.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0317.jpg
[/url][/img]

11/25/2012
The ever growing collection
imag0318.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0319.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0320.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0321.jpg
[/url][/img]
The pipes (minus the Jobey Asti as it is in for repairs)
imag0322.jpg
[/url][/img]
The corner of pipe
[url=https://servimg.com/view/17880828/94][IMG]https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/17/88/08/28/imag0323.jpg[/url][/img]
imag0324.jpg
[/url][/img]

Thanx for having a look, together we can find the cure to this disorder that affects us all! I will keep up posting pics of the symptoms of the disorder in hope that someday someone will find a cure.

Very nice brother, congrats on the growing collection. I hate to be the bearer of bd news but PAD/TAD are terminal, and the termination means either death or spousal homicide (wife will kill you). It is best to just accept the disorder and cope with it by throwing all the available finances you can at it to bludgeon it into submission.

Should we tell him the "submission" only lasts about 15 minutes ?

Steveaux":go2pre7e said:
Should we tell him the "submission" only lasts about 15 minutes ?
Shhh....let's let him have some false hope. :twisted:

If you start making pipes you will suddenly and inexplicably no longer be cursed with pad/tad...

as you will have no money for either :(

rev

Disorder? What disorder? Cure? Everything looks in fine fettle to me!

The only cure is buying more, :twisted: unfortunately it's also quite temporary. :p

Hate to break it to you...it only gets worse.

Good lookin' fish, though.

Puff Daddy":bb4fkg7r said:
There's art, there's craft, there's beauty and there's collectability. These things may all intersect at once, or not. If all of these things do intersect with a pipe, do you smoke it? If some do but others do not, do you smoke it? Which of these is more important in making a pipe desireable for smoking, for not smoking?

Slippery slope. It would be easy to say nobody in their right mind would smoke a pristine Bo Nordh, but there are already so many examples of just that very thing happening. Clearly the answer is, there is no clear answer.

The answer for me, personally, is, buy the coolest, neatest looking pipes that you can comfortably afford, and do what pleases you with them. Some day you'll pull out a worn out, charred up old Rev Pipe and some guy will gasp at it and spew a torrent of scorn at you for actually smoking the thing.

"Do you know what those are worth thee days?"

"I bought it when he was selling them to smokers, not collectors".
I think this has the best insight about pipe buying.

Regarding tobacco, your best guideline might be whether that next pound will get smoked in your lifetime. Although Rich at 4noggins is optimistic about the imposition of taxes, I'm not. Taxes mean money, and who of us, let alone which institutions, ignores money? So you might consider putting back more tobacco than you otherwise would.

But have fun!

I have the very same pipe stand nice solid built, nice growing collection you have :)

The last anti PAD/TAD treatments didn’t take. I think it’s time we took the whole thing back to formula; we were not ready for human trials. I took some pictures over the last week or so to chronicle the treatments even if they were unsuccessful.

imag0332.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0415.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0416.jpg
[/url][/img]
imag0417.jpg
[/url][/img]

A new and very distressing sign of my disorder has recently reared its ugly head. I have involuntarily started cellaring tobacco. I even heat the jars in the oven gently then get the tobacco in them so they make a seal. I have found the popping sound of freshly cellared tobacco to be very relaxing. A sure sign of my further slip into this costly disorder.
imag0418.jpg
[/url][/img]

I hope for the good of mankind that we can find the correct formula to at least alleviate the symptoms of PAD/TAD. :lol!:
Thanks for lookin

Heh, you're so screwed, Dan. :cheers: The downward spiral of upward pleasure consumes thee.

8)

Kyle Weiss":s1h8y9t5 said:
:cheers: The downward spiral of upward pleasure consumes thee. 8)

Hey! I like that! Any chance you will let me steal it for the bottom of my posts? ;) I will include who the quote was by if it's yours :p

very nice man! very nice..
Im digging that forever stem on that cob too..
How do you like the Dunhill Nightcap? Ive heard some guys say that it'll knock you out, im into some latbombs.. wondering if I should get a tin or not..