Looking for a pipe for work

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE the Oom Paul shape. I am looking for one with a flat bottom that I can sit on my counter top at work. Any ideas of a good inexpensive one?

Briarworks makes one, but not a sitter and $170. I've read it will pass a pipe cleaner. You can get them directly from TN with free shipping.
I went by a B&M yesterday that I've only visited once before, that carried some Briarworks pipes. I almost bought one, but left with a SMS Meer instead (my first meer ever!). That said, I was really impressed with the feel of the briarworks. I've seen them as low as about $120 at The Country Squire. Definitely a brand I'll be considering in the future, based off first impressions at least.

I went by a B&M yesterday that I've only visited once before, that carried some Briarworks pipes. I almost bought one, but left with a SMS Meer instead (my first meer ever!). That said, I was really impressed with the feel of the briarworks. I've seen them as low as about $120 at The Country Squire. Definitely a brand I'll be considering in the future, based off first impressions at least.
Congratulations! I am sure you will enjoy smoking it. SMS pipes are at a nice price point, I have two and I love them.
I would love to see it in WAYS when you have the time.

I've looked at Briarworks and at their line Bones. Very appealing pipes but I've exhausted my PAD budget for the year.

When I was on the hunt for an affordable one, I checked out some online smoke shops and local tobacco stores. You can often find good deals there. Also, keep an eye on sales or discounts – you might snag a great deal.

I think, indeed, the Peterson 304 or 306 are the shapes you're seeking as they're the only Oom Paul I am aware of that have a flat bottom. I would personally go with the 306 as it has a more generous chamber.

I don't take my pipes to work that often. I might smoke one on the way to work that I was finishing up from smoking earlier. I work at an upscale private school so they look down on anyone who uses tobacco. At my last job I had before working at the school, I was a inventory manager of a school bus sales company. I couldn't smoke in my office but I worked outside a lot and did a lot of traveling from property to property, so I had significant smoke times. I would bring my older well worn drugstore estate pipes and basket pipes to work. If I lost one or broke one I wouldn't be too sad about it. My tobaccos were typically otc burleys I.E. Prince Albert, Sir Walter Raleigh regular and aromatic. Stuff that burned quickly.