Looking for a tinned tobacco, sim. ro P&C - Butternut burley

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olle0047

Reaction score
Hi! Due to import restrictions on tobacco here, i cannot receive bulk tobacco anymore.
Scotty's Blend - Butternut Burley is one of my wintertime walking favourites, and i am now on my last oz :(
Does anyone here have a recommendation on a similiar blend sold in tins?.

If not, ill have to bite the dust and order to Sweden, where customs are nicer :)

Thanks
-Ole

Thank you for the answer, but isnt both 1Q and the RLP-6 bulk tobaccos?
That leaves me with the same problem of customs destroying my tobacco.

Thank you
-Ole

olle, I would suggest looking at C&D's list of tinned blends and try and find one that has a similar description to BB. I have smoked the BB and I am sure C&D will have something to your liking.

cigrmaster":08i2iwpa said:
olle, I would suggest looking at C&D's list of tinned blends and try and find one that has a similar description to BB. I have smoked the BB and I am sure C&D will have something to your liking.
Alright, will do!
Chances are i already have something like it, when i first started getting serious with pipes i stacked up all the tobacco my paycheck would allow. Just buying anything that looked alright. Knowing that Norway/Sweden will slowly put more and more restrictions and taxes on tobacco.
Ill dive into the cellar in the morning and see what i find!

Thank you.
-Ole

Olle0047":9uj12gw2 said:
Thank you for the answer, but isnt both 1Q and the RLP-6 bulk tobaccos?
That leaves me with the same problem of customs destroying my tobacco.

Thank you
-Ole
1Q is the bulk version of Captain Black Royal
RLP-6 is the bulk CB White

That rumor has been around for years.

According to Lane Limited's brand manager Leonard Wortzel 1Q is not CBR. The recipes are different but he says that 1Q and CBR are close.
He says the same thing about RLP-6 and CBW. Not the same but close.
MV-1000 and CBG are different but close.
You can verify all this by checking a couple of the forums where Trout Langstrom (Wortzel's handle) hangs and has had the discussion. Puff and SF for starters.

Olle0047":v0zg4rz5 said:
Hi! Due to import restrictions on tobacco here, i cannot receive bulk tobacco anymore.

Thanks
-Ole
Have you emailed P&C about the issue just yet? They tin a lot of their blends and it might not be too much trouble for them to sell you this one in a tin. I know C&D will tin any of their bulk blends for a nominal cost.

williamcharles":v0zg4rz5 said:
According to Lane Limited's Leonard Wortzel (brand manager) 1Q is not CBR. The recipes are different but he says that 1Q and CBR are close. He says the same thing about RLP-6 and CBW. Not the same but close. MV-1000 and CBG are different but close. You can verify all this by checking a couple of the forums where Trout Langstrom (Wortzel) hangs and has had the discussion.
I have no doubt this is technically correct, but I, for one, cannot differentiate between the Cpt. Black and the Lane versions. My guess is 99.9% of the pipe smoking public couldn't either. They are certainly close enough that if you crave one, the other will suffice.

williamcharles":qxzrrl0g said:
Technically? Close doesn't make the one the bulk of the other, especially since the recipes are different.
I look at it like this: my personal chili recipe has more than 10 different spices of varying quantities among many other ingredients. I could change the ratio of brown sugar from 4 tbs to 3tbs and the add a third bay leaf. Technically it would not be the same recipe and technically I could offer it up as being different from the original, but in reality, its still the same chili. But that's just my personal opinion.

Thank you for the tip about asking P&C to tin it for me!
But the problem has resolved! I have a contact in Sweden, he have 16OZ of the stuff and dont really like it that much. So he agreed to ship it all to the closest swedish town to me for pickup :)
Guess i will be set for this winter and the next.

Thank you all!
-Ole