Looking for a "zesty" "citrusy" or "lemon" Virginia flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U-235

Reaction score
As far as Virginias go, I smoke Marlin Flake and SG FVF among other "darker" Virginias. I sometimes see yellow or golden Virginias described as being "zesty" or having a "citrus" or "lemon-like" flavor. Anyone suggest a Virginia flake with these attributes?

Give one of the best a try if you haven't yet, Dunhill Flake :twisted: :twisted:

You might try Orlik's Golden Sliced or Former's Cross Grain Flake. I find these two fit your description perfectly. :)

AJ

I would recommend Kendal flake itt has a lemony citrus flavor although it also has bergamot but its a very natural taste. Of course grousemoor is pure lemongrass if you havent tried that its very strong lemon flavor. These are toppings though and I understand your looking for the natural tobacco flavor but i'd still say Kendal

I would second the suggestions of Dunhill Flake, Cut Virginia Plug, and Orlik Golden Sliced.

Cut VA Plug is a great suggestion as well, I wish it was easier to find.

Solani 633 is a good one..

Of course, if you'd like some extra lemon and a touch of honey with your VA, there's always Grousemoor!

Thanks for your suggestions.  I looked at the blends recommended and most have a lemon or citrus flavoring.  I should have been clearer.  I was looking for a Virginia with a citrus taste to it without added flavoring.  I found the following on another forum that sums up what I am after:

"I 've seen lemon virgnia somewhere online as well. What does that mean?"

"Lemon Virginia is a type of Virginia, like orange, orange-red and red Virginia, are all different types of Virginia leaf, most of these come from the middle and old belt regions of the Carolina's and Virginia and when flue cured have a citrusy-tangy flavor profile which most people refer to as a high note Virginia."

So I suppose I am looking at a blend with or dominated by "lemon Virginia" or "high note Virginia"

I hope this helps.:cheers:

BTW This the first time I heard of "high note" Virginia. :study:

One mo'time, bro'. DH Flake is Lemon and Bronze ginnyweed. OGS and Grousemoor are "grassy, lemony" "baccy's with a "citrusy' taste. Enjoy!! :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":scz2dxnw said:
One mo'time, bro'. DH Flake is Lemon and Bronze ginnyweed. OGS and Grousemoor are "grassy, lemony" "baccy's with a "citrusy' taste. Enjoy!! :cheers: FTRPLT
Those three are at the top of my list.  I was considering Fribourg & Treyer Golden Mixture as well.  Thanks for your suggestions. 8)

GH Bright CR Flake - I have not had any for a few years but I noted it as having a natural citrus taste