Looking for another VaPer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
Morning all,
I'm considering putting in another small order from Pipes and Cigars and hitting up Peretti's this week, and am looking to try a few new blends. At the moment, I'm debating Escudo, Fillmore, and Kajun Kake, which all have varying degrees of perique. The first is classic and I've yet to give it a try, and the red VA in the last appeals to me. I'm a little hesitant for Fillmore because of conflicting reports of latakia content, but it'd be worth a shot. I'm not opposed to latakia per se as much as I don't want it in a VaPer. I'm also not interested in something that will be somewhat of a perique bomb if there is such an animal...

Reiner Long Golden Flake is probably my favorite Va/Per to date. I guess it's a toss up between LGF and C&D's Sunday Picnic. Sunday Picnic is technically a Va/Per I guess but the orientals in it make it something a little different. Try both!

To be sure there are others which I love, but I would be very sad if I ran out of LGF. It has a little bit of burley in it as well as the Va and Per from what I understand, but the burley doesn't do much more than round and fill out the flavor from what I can detect.

It has an excellent sweetness, glorious room note, just enough nicotine, comes at perfect tin moisture level and very well behaved and approachable. Just one long flake rolled up in a tin. Not a super whole mega lot of perique or anything...just the right amount.

Solani 633 is another that is worth a try...very good, but I haven't smoked as much of it or gotten to know it as well as Sunday Picnic and LGF.

Escudo is a good one to try. C&D Sunday Picnic is good too, but to me it has a bit of a sour note that you may or may not like. My favorite VaPer is probably C&D Bayou Morning (I think I smell some Latakia in there though). Davidoff Flake Medallions could be an attractive choice too.

Two other Vapers you might want to try are McConnell's Red VA (spicy red VA) and their Scottish Cake.

Jim..my ha'pence

C&D 3 Friars is a great VaPer, in my opinion. The perique is spicy and piquant, tickling the palate and coming through the nose, yet the virginias provide an excellent sweetness.

Escudo is great too... but you can get 3 friars in bulk (great for cellaring and general hoarding). It's really a favorite of mine.\

-Mike.

Everything mentioned here is very good all worth a try so you can see for yourself. Dont shy away from fillmore its also very good and if there is latakia in it I sure dont taste it. I would say give them all a try there are so many good va-pars but I think most were brought up.

I´ll second the Reiner Golden Flake and Escudo.

Also good are Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake, GLP Fillmore, Solani 633, Peterson´s Irish Oak, McClelland 2015, Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls (almost identical to Escudo but for $5 more per tin). I´m sure Peretti´s will have several Vaper blends of their own as well, but I´m not familiar with those.

Enjoy the safari!! :D :D

If you are hitting up pipes and cigars, I recommend Anniversary Kake, AJ'S Vaper, Louisiana Red and Virginia Spice from Peretti's Park Square and Dundee, also Escudo, Bayou Morning, St James Flake.

Thanks for the recommendations. Since I'm looking for pure VaPers in varying degrees, I opted not for Silver Flake (I have a sensitivity to burley) nor the oriental blends. I put in an order of H&H Anniversary Kake, Solani 633, and Fillmore, and threw in a tin of C&D Interlude for good measure. I can't wait! Let's hope they end up arriving within the week.

Anniversay Kake by Russ Oullette is my favorite Vaper and one of my favorite blends period.

Hints of chocolate and fig, non aromatic. Top notch beautiful blend.

My order that went in wednesday came! Unfortunately, my sinuses are completely blocked, so it's going to be a little while until I sample these.
If the sticker on the bottom of the C&D/Pease tins are date codes, that means I have an October tin of Fillmore and a May tin of Interlude, so the latter is going to be popped open first.

I hate buying multiple blends at a time, since it does nothing for my indecisiveness...

emerald":1enalyto said:
My order that went in wednesday came! Unfortunately, my sinuses are completely blocked, so it's going to be a little while until I sample these.
If the sticker on the bottom of the C&D/Pease tins are date codes, that means I have an October tin of Fillmore and a May tin of Interlude, so the latter is going to be popped open first.

I hate buying multiple blends at a time, since it does nothing for my indecisiveness...
I know your pain. My sinuses are on strike.