looking to buy my first tins

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmarcum

Reaction score
So I have been smoking blend from my local shop and a few from Boswell's. I am interested in starting to buy some tins and building up a stock. Any suggestions on Bacchus and where you buy?

FWIW....take a look at PipesandCigars, Smoking Pipes, 4Noggins, GLPease, C&D, etc. for a start. Just Goggle the names. Open the "Links" subject on this board for some more ideas. You can also build up a cellar with bulk tobacco. Just get some Ball/Mason jars to put it in. FTRPLT

When I looked at Tobacco Reviews website a few days ago, there were over 3300 tobaccos listed. Of course some of these are no longer made, not imported to the US or are relabeled bulks. Everybody has different tastes and preferences and trying to find out what you'll like will be a difficult task, not to mention your tastes will likely change over time. Hopefully you'll enjoy the journey as much as I have.

A few suggestions -- Order some samplers from the some of the suppliers; join a box pass; visit a pipe show where some of the makers/vendors will have samples to try; and read the tobacco reviews and what people are smoking here.

Personally, I like a variety of tobaccos in my daily/weekly smokes. Mainly low nicotine VA or Burley/VA blends. I used to like blends with perique but can't smoke them anymore and I don't care for latakia blends. These currently available tins are in my rotation: Rattray's Brown Clunee, C&D's Briar Fox, McBaren's Navy Flake, Friborg and Treyer's Cut VA Plug. These are bulks in my rotation: C&D's Winchester(#456) and Stokkebye's Luxury Twist.

Good luck in your quest.

Jim