Looks like Dunhill is back in stock, but not all

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip48

Reaction score
Only place I looked because I was looking for something else and smokingpipes has a good many in stock. The Rolls and flake are still out of stock along with Nightcap, but the rest is there.

So you that missed out the first time, go get them boys,

Skip

It's funny that the 2 blends that i wanted to try are not being made anymore: Aperitif and 3 year matured. :(

Well my Dunhill came today so I opened a tin of Navy Rolls and since I am not experienced with reviews or just not knowledgeable enough to make to many comments.

However I will say after one bowl I vacuumed that one in a jar to go with the rest and hope it ages well. I do think this was my worst purchase and after I finished that bowl I wanted to make sure my taste didn't just completely go away again (it has come back some) I filled a bowl of 2015 that I have had maybe a month and it was just as I thought, nice sweet and just like it is supposed to be.

To just say disappointed would be an understatement and all I can say is I sure hope the Flake is better, but have not opened it yet and may not.

Let me end with this...flavor, what flavor? I could have been smoking most anything and would have had more flavor IMHO!

Skip

Skip, you might just be correct. Let it age a bit. Try it from time to time. It may be picky about the pipe and the speed at which it is smoked.

Actually Carlos I am starting to think my taste has headed South again. I at first got a bit of taste out of my 2015, but soon after each try since, nothing.

I don't think my taste is reliable now and thank goodness it's maybe not the Dunhill after all. We shall see what others think and maybe my taste will come back at some point. It was making progress and all of a sudden this afternoon, poof gone again. The only odd thing I noticed and I don't know if it's my tongue or the tobacco, but after a bit of that bowl there seemed to be something that coated my tongue. I don't know any other way to explain this part.

This is starting to get under my skin in a bad way!

Skip

Change to something else. I often change. Especially with the seasons. This is usually a latakia time of year for me.

I may have found the problem with my taste finally and was some mouth wash that my periodontist gave me because of a problem I was having with the anchor tooth for a bridge. The root also had a crack in it and he thought I would need some micro surgery, but he fixed it with a 200 to 1 shot that worked. However I have been using this mouth wash for almost a year and it has Zinc in it.

Anyway just about half way through my second bowl of Dunhill Navy Rolls and the flavor is there. May need a little age to get the best, but is pretty darn good even if a little young.

Felt the need to tell how it really is,

Skip

With the vast number of quality blends still available in the US, I'm not all that enamored with any of the Dunhill offerings. If they went away again I wouldn't miss them.

Skip,

Are your taste buds really that desensitized? try rolling the smoke over your whole tongue, as diff parts of the tongue detect different flavors.

I have a crap ton of night cap, 6 x flake 50g and 7x navy rolls 50g, 3 x EMP

the tin of london mixture I got was really nothing to write home about. I heard GLP westminster was kind of a take off that blend and all I can say is I like Westminster 100x better.

As for the nightcap, not sure if there are any englishes with perique that are quite as strong. The Navy rolls are great, on par or beyond escudo. Havent tried the flake yet but thats next on my list.

onabullit":jkb41twd said:
Skip,

the tin of london mixture I got was really nothing to write home about. I heard GLP westminster was kind of a take off that blend and all I can say is I like Westminster 100x better.
I haven´t tried the newer London Mixture yet. I popped a tin of some 15yo stuff a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty good- it got better as it aired out a little. I still have half a tin of it so I´ll give it another go.

My taste was just horrible and I knew it for sure when I opened some Nacho Cheese Doritos and they had absolutely no flavor, none!

On a better note finally it has got better since this post by a lot. I was using this mouth wash I got from my Periodontist since I had this anchor tooth trouble that didn't finish healing like it should and with lots of cleaning and flossing and having them clean my teeth every 3 months it got much better and the gum shrunk around the tooth like it should. I did have a crack in one root and guess I will find out more next month when I go back for my check up. He says may still need micro surgery, but we will see. Anyway part of my cleaning and flossing/brushing was to use this special mouth wash that had Zinc in it and that is the only thing I could fine that may be the problem and I stopped taking it about when I posted this. Thankfully it got back about half way maybe 2 weeks ago, but now even better. So taste is back much better now and hopefully more to come, but pretty good now. At least I can taste BBQ tater chips now and couldn't before at all. All chips were just a crunchy thing with no flavor.

I put the Dunhill up back then for a try later and later is coming soon, LOL!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and I was in Tampa with my son and his family for the last week or so and we had a great time!

Sine this I have also added a bunch of new tobacco's that I have not tried before and a good many still to try. I was getting pretty upset over smoking all this great tobacco and not tasting it much at all. Nothing but a smokers tongue as a result as I was puffing more and more bowls to try something, anything to get my taste back.

After hearing some of the reports back on the navy rolls I am happy I get to try it again since I have 6 tins of just it and 4 I think of Flake tins that I have not opened any of. Oh and have added so many I will try to post about soon, but now I am tired and body is not good after the travel back. Needs some relaxing and resting in a comfortable chair.

Thanks guys,
Skip