Loringpage.com is temporarily unavailable

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jar

Reaction score
Dear All:

The famous, containing most important informations on Dunhill pipes loringpage.com is temporarily unavailable.
http://www.loringpage.com/

I wonder if any of us know more about it. As far as I know, after John Loring passed away, His Family decided to keep His pages and they were "operational". Now the situation is different.

If the reason is of financial nature like cost of server, maybe there would be possible to collect money necessary to keep loringpages "alive". I believe that among us here there are Brothers who knew John in person and, perhaps could contact His Family.

With my best

Jacek A. Rochacki
in Poland

Hi,

i though it was my computer or something... i´ve been trying for days now and it is just impossible...

i just hope it is really something "temporal"... but anyway if you fear the page is not going to be working in the future and you didn't copied the really interesting articles by Loring, which i truly recommend, then you are still on time to get the text from the "cache" option in google... i'm afraid that the pictures are all gone by now...

it's a shame! this website is (was?) simply the best source of information about dunhill tobaccos & pipes ever!

if it's a financial thing, i'm sure we can all contribute even a little to keep it going. if not i think there are ways to get the archived data (legally of course) and host them elsewhere. a VW diesel site i use frequently has lots of pages like that. i can try and find more information on it, but i don't want to unless it's a last resort after trying to pay the server to keep the original pages intact.

Loringpage.com is available again. Many thanks to these, who "put them to life".