Loss of Dear Friend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sand18f

Reaction score
This evening I received the terrible news that I lost a dear friend in Afghanistan.
He was a quite family Dad, that loved his wife and three children dearly.
We fished quietly together.
I must tell you, that the world lost one of it's best young men.
He knew his Lord.
I will miss his gentle smile.

Bill

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Bill. I'll keep you, and his family in my thoughts and prayers. It's sad to hear of another young American making the ultimate sacrifice to preserve the freedom that we all too often take for granted. God bless him, his family, and all the other men and women who serve in our all volunteer military, both here and abroad!

Sorry for your terrible loss, Bill.

Some remember the loss of friend who served his or her country on Memorial Day, and rightly so. Yet, even after 43 years, Memorial Day for me is a daily occurence. Today, those who serve are the best of their generation.

If you can provide a first name, he will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sad, very sad news. I wonder when this senseless slaughter of our best and brightest brothers and sisters will end, and if in the end, the price paid was worth the cost. Thoughts also now for a young widow and three children without a dad. How very sad!

Airborne":j70o3nyn said:
Sorry for your terrible loss, Bill.

Some remember the loss of friend who served his or her country on Memorial Day, and rightly so. Yet, even after 43 years, Memorial Day for me is a daily occurence. Today, those who serve are the best of their generation.

If you can provide a first name, he will be in my thoughts and prayers.
His name is CPT. Waid Ramsey.

Thanks everyone.

So sorry. This is not to be expressed by words. He will be in my prayers.

I am very sorry for your terrible loss, Bill.
Since I lost a good friend myself, I´ve learned what that means. Thank you, for telling us about your friend. It helps not to overlook the ongoing tragic events in Ahghanistan. You might tell your friends family, that people in countries all over the world are feeling with them.

Thilo

I'm very saddened to hear this Bill, thought's and prayers are with you and his family.

Lesath":1t8hi57f said:
Bill,

My condolences in the loss of Waid. Is there proper provision for his loved ones?

-Lesath
Yes, He had made plans in case this should happen.

Bill