Lost a dear family friend yesterday.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i.keenum

Reaction score
We had to have one of our family dogs put down yesterday. We have had him longer that my oldest child, he was a little over five. He was a very sweet mutt we got from the humane society. He was a good dog that never wanted to do much more than to lay around and be loved.

He got out a few days ago and ate garbage and started acting funny. We brought him to the vet and he had a collapsed lung and a ruptured diaphragm, his intestines had moved into his chest cavity. He had been hit by a car three years ago, we had paid 700 dollars when he got hit to a different vet to tell us he was good to go home, just bruised. Apparent the garbage just upset an already ongoing condition he had from the accident. We did not have money for surgery and informed him that we would have to have him put down. The vet did surgery for free and attempted to save him but he was already too far gone. God bless the vet for trying when we couldn't afford it. For everything he did he only charged us $36 dollars and it meant a great deal that he did his best to save our family member just out of the kindness of his heart.

You will be missed shogun.

10653554_10204599036686847_7451301080296600460_n.jpg

My condolences, brother. It's never easy losing a member of the family.

My sincere condolences sir, he looked like a sweet dog and I'm sure he knew he was loved
and will be missed dearly.

Sometimes I feel it is HARDER to accept the loss of our four-legged family members as so much of the time they give affection unconditionally as compared to the two legged members. My sincerest condolences for you and your family.

I am sorry to hear this. Its never easy to lose a loved pet

Really sorry for your loss Ian, that Vet was one in a million, what a wonderful person he truly must be, thinking of you my friend and hoping you heal from the loss soon, take real good care of you and your loved ones.

Sorry to hear of your loss brother. It's always too early for our fur-covered family members :(

I'm sorry for your loss, pets are indeed a part of the family. It's always rough to lose one.

So sorry for your loss. Try to take some small comfort in knowing that you were a good owner to the end and gave him a happy home.
Peace,
Mike.

Take comfort in knowing you gave him the only thing he wanted in life...a home and a family...his "pack".
So sorry for your loss and the pain of loosing a good friend. He will always be with you in spirit...look for him.

I'm saddened by your loss. The more our pets become family the harder it is to say goodbye. My condolences.

RJ