Lost pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barracudamagoo

Reaction score
Ever lose a pipe that you loved?

I lost mine when we moved. I remember putting it in a box and thinking, "Oh, I'll get this out as soon as I get there". Here I am over a year later and I have yet to find it. I've search high and low, in every bag and box I have, and torn apart our storage closet looking in every nook and cranny.

It's my first, favorite, and a great smoker. I refuse so smoke any more Penzance until I find it, none of my other pipes allow it to blossom quite like that one.

Someday...

I lost my very favorite pipe in a car trade in 2010, Dec 13, about 2pm.........

It sucked!

Yes, just mentioned it in a video I made a couple hours ago. And I suspect it was also in car trade.

It was a Comoy (I'm pretty sure). And it was a cutty, which is not a shape you can find easily in briar.

This isn't the one I lost (very similar though), but just for a reference for anyone who doesn't know what a cutty is:
comoy033_01.jpg

Thanks to you guys, and your horrible stories, I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

I would hate to lose or break any of the pipes that are part of my normal rotation. I bought them for a reason and I kept them around because I love how they smoke. They all serve a purpose. They're an extension of me.

Maybe we can start a "Pipes Lost & Found" Foundation... The last few cartons of milk I bought have lots of empty space wasted on the back.

I want to put my Stanwell Vario half sandblasted billiard on a milk carton. :(

Lost quite a few on hunting & fishing trips. Which is why I never bring really good pipes with. They just seem to disappear.

One of my first good pipes was a Ben Wade sanblast bent volcano that I bought at the Tinderbox around 1982. I loved that pipe and smoked it for years. I don't know what became of it.

My garage has a black hole that eats pipes (and expensive universal sockets). I only take a cob out there.

I lost a wonderful Popeye figural Meerschaum years ago while on my one and only camping trip as an adult. I loved that pipe, which I bought in the early 1970s at, of all places, an amusement park gift shop that sold mostly blown-glass objects. The manager of the shop was a pipe smoker and carried a small selection of really nice pipes at surprisingly fair prices.