Lou Holtz Defended Pipe Smoking on ESPN Two Nights Ago

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gkhanna74

Reaction score
I was watching the college football game two nights ago between West Virginia and Colorado on ESPN...Lou Holtz (most famously, the former head coach of Notre Dame) is now a commentator on ESPN. During the halftime show, he held his "Ask Dr. Lou" segment, and fielded a question regarding his pipe smoking. He presented a STRONG case in defense of his pipe smoking. Check out the video clip here... Dr Lou Show Video

It is the second question that he fields.

Awesome. Just awesome. I loved every word.

Very cool!A good arguement for me too,I don't gamble[not enough money],
don't drink[it almost killed me],don't chase women[not enough hormones anymore].
Oh,I remember when I had a full head of hair,a 28" waist,and I liked to drink and F***,
but those days are memories now. :(

Winslow :sunny:

I beg to differ with what Lou Holtz is known for, he is best known for the glory days of coaching as the head coach at North Carolina State University! Wolf Pack! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great video!!!

Justpipes":npy4yijd said:
I beg to differ with what Lou Holtz is known for, he is best known for the glory days of coaching as the head coach at North Carolina State University! Wolf Pack! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great video!!!

More than a decade at Notre Dame trumps four seasons at NC any day. :p

Lou is freaking awesome!
I always have liked him and never knew he smoked a pipe.

He's one of the all-time greats.

Wonder what he smokes? (Irish Flake would be too perfect!)

Carlos, my friend, my pipe-smoking buddy!!! You have committed the unpardonable :lol!: sin :evil: of saying NC when you meant to say North Carolina State (University)!! However, you are forgiven as long as you promise to never do it again. 8) 8) FTRPLT, NC State, Class of '68 :cheers:

ftrplt":yff7eo5f said:
Carlos, my friend, my pipe-smoking buddy!!! You have committed the unpardonable :lol!: sin :evil: of saying NC when you meant to say North Carolina State (University)!! However, you are forgiven as long as you promise to never do it again. 8) 8) FTRPLT, NC State, Class of '68 :cheers:

Oh yeah. NC not is not NC State. Forgot. :)

I think Lou would make a great interview for P&T magazine. It was refreshing to hear someone in the public spotlight voice an unapologetic position in favor of pipe smoking.