Loving Those Cobs!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to get some forever stems as well; the acrylics might be a great alternative......

Are there any other sources for cobs besides MM?

Are there any other sources for cobs besides MM?
In my opinion NO, MM are the best and are sold at a very fair price. I did get one "Chinese Cob" in with a lot off the bay and it made 3-4 smokes and was junk.
I would not waste my money on any cob other than MM.

lifeon2":xeo9cwap said:
I have a couple hundred cobs and hardwoods in my collection and I love them all. If you can find older estate cobs, you can still find them unsmoked, they have much better stems than the newer ones. Also if your like me and have a box of old stems laying around its pretty easy to fit one yourself.
I have a MM cob bulldog. Ring on the shank is plated with 14ct gold. It's one superb latakia eater!

I bought 10 Diplomats 6-8 weeks ago. Though the chamber is bigger, it's not that much bigger than the Patriots; in the end I still chafe at that but the value of cobs in unquestionable. I've also got 3 new-to-me cheap estate briars. If they're in good shape and engineered well, I don't care how modest they are; well, yes I do, but a reasonable appearance and good performance are my chief goals.