Luciano Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
Not a review, but an attempt to elicit some.

I have had my eye on some Luciano pipes recently, but wanted to gather some feedback before giving them a shot. The prices seem excellent and the styling quite appealing. However, I have been misled by both before.

Any experiences?

Also interested KAP, know as much as you right now, lets wait and see how this pans out!

Kapnismologist":3jb5bb23 said:
The prices seem excellent and the styling quite appealing. However, I have been misled by both before.
same thing applies to women.

yeah, Kapnismologist, these are great looking pipes. i pulled this from another thead, it's greg pease talking about pipes, might be helpful:

"I have only two Lucianos, but I'm pretty impressed with the way they smoke. I feel a little funny recommending them, since there are several designs that bear the Pease/diPiazza Design marque, so I do have a horse in the race. But, I would not have put my name on a product I don't believe in, so I guess my endorsement is already a given. I think they're a very good value. (There's one on ebay right now that might end up being a good deal for someone.)"

I have one, a very standard straight billiard in a blast finish. Looks and smokes fine. It's a nice pipe at a nice price point.

The one thing that does stick out in my mind is that it's got a noticeably thick bit. I say that with following qualifications:

1. All my Italian pipes with Lucite bits have a somewhat "thicker" feel. My Luciano is markedly thicker than this general trend.

2. That said, I may have an outlier, as my pipe came with a fancy stem, a sort-of white swirl with an Italian tricolore ring design. (The tenon is an attached piece of black Lucite.) Most of the Lucianos I've seen are plain black mouthpieces and more likely cut from a single piece--they may be less thick.

3. And anyway, I don't mind the thickness. I'm a clencher and this will probably add years to my smoking enjoyment.

I have a Pease/D. short but fat straight brandy/billiard. The only thing I don't like about it is the stain color- It's a very dull walnut, about the same as a $60.00 Peterson military bit I also have. I use the Luciano for Larsen's Signature, which it agrees with completely.