MAC BAREN MIXTURE (SCOTISH MIX).

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the oldest blends available from Mac Baren. I think only Solent Mix has been in their offerings list for a longer time.

It is a good mild blend of Virginias (some as Cavendish) and Burley that makes a reasonable all-day smoke. Personally, I prefer the flake of the same blend, but will buy and smoke either one, depending on availability.

I enjoy it. It isn't one of my favorites, but it's a good smoke. Mild and sweet, but be sure to smoke it very slowly - in my experience, it's one of the worst blends in terms of tongue bite.

I used to smoke this blend once in a while when nothing else was available. I just considered it the lesser of the various evils I had to choose from. Once I got mid bowl the aromatic topping would calm down a little and it wasn't so artificial tasting. Between this and nothing, I'll take it. :lol:

IT'S actualy agood blend ,it is very interest about this bblend that mellowing perosses like store in car dashboard in summer or stove in oven 190 f for5_6 hours(some friend in another forume offer these)and my experince: store in biwel after 4_5 puffing for at least one night be come this blend exellent, this prossese worthwhile to text, I sure to engoy it. good luck

I like a little more strong tobacco from Mac Baren, personally, but I do like their non-aromatic offerings. A lot of people don't find Mac Baren to be too nice to the tongue, but hey, you smoke what you like, and like what you smoke.

8)