Mac Baren's blends and honey.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
juanmedusa":2sm1lv26 said:
Whoa, good question. I've never really paid attention.... I'm going to say twenty. Maybe more. That would be 5 grams a bowl. Which would mean 10 smokes from a 50 gram tin. It's definitely way more than 3. That you can count on.
Thank you sir! That's a decent value then.

Beyond decent value.. Even at Canadian pricing.
Cost per smoke is mind numbingly low compared to cigars.

It's came up before but I don't count bowls per tin. I'm going to guess higher than 10 but lower than 20 per 50g.. It will really depend on your bowl size and how much you pack in there per smoke.

puros_bran":9btjz3tl said:
Beyond decent value.. Even at Canadian pricing.
Cost per smoke is mind numbingly low compared to cigars.

It's came up before but I don't count bowls per tin.  I'm going to guess higher than 10 but lower than 20 per 50g.. It will really depend on your bowl size and how much you pack in there per smoke.
Yep beyond decent... one of the reasons I wanted to take up a pipe is so I could enjoy a smoke that lasts less than 1 1/2 hrs, which most of my cigars were running. I've gotten 3 billiards a cpl bent billiards and an apple, not a big bowl among them

puros_bran":2p58t8gv said:
No, no.. It's something worth discussing. It's enlightened me to the maple syrup admission..

Information exchange is seldom a negative.

Also: tobacco reviews.. That explains why I had never heard the claim, I haven't paid much attention to tr.com in 5-6 years as opinion of a tobacco from someone I do not interact with regularly matters little to me.  I don't mean that hatefully, you may hate apples and I may love them..but if I don't know you hate apples your opinion of Granny Johnson brand applesauce is disinformation.
They have a feature now where you can like/be friends with certain reviewers so their reviews pop up on top. I have a few smokers from this forum on my list.

Re: number of smokes per tin, I think it'd be way higher than 10, but I never count. I also use smaller pipes and may pack lightly.

I have gotten honey notes from VA no. 1 and DTRC, and it's probably the maple sugar.