Macanudo 1997 Vintage

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milan

Reaction score
I bought a couple of these this week and really enjoyed the one I smoked... but why did they put the metal ring on it. It tore up the cigar when I removed it. Is there a reason for it?
Thanks,
Milan

Milan, the metal ring is designed to be a precise fit, and supposedly a perfect fit indicates that the cigar is properly humidified and ready to smoke. Seems to me to be more of a novelty, when you consider we have digital hygrometers that tell us everything that we need to know. :scratch:

Dutch":shmp9juy said:
Milan, the metal ring is designed to be a precise fit, and supposedly a perfect fit indicates that the cigar is properly humidified and ready to smoke. Seems to me to be more of a novelty, when you consider we have digital hygrometers that tell us everything that we need to know. :scratch:
Thanks for explaining that there is a reason because I was curious about it possibly being simply a novelty. I won't by another cigar with one of these metal rings because when I very slowly and carefully removed it... it still tore the wrapper.
Thanks,
Milan

Macanudo vintage 1997 is my all time favorite cigar!! when they came out with the Maduro (the version that you smoked) it made my year... anyways the metal band is a cigar holder that they put on "for luxury" But if you can track down the regular vintage 1997 non maduro wrapper buy one!! it is such a delight, has the right amount of spice, with a cedar/nutmeg taste with a hint of cocoa flavors you will not be dissapointed!!