MacBaren Mixture Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winslow

Reaction score
A few months ago I made a mistake and ordered a pound of this while really
wanting a pound of Navy Flake.I snarled a bit and put it off to the side thinking
I'd never smoke it.
I smoked some the other day and it's quite good which made me go to Tobacco
Reviews to see what was said of it.Mostly favorable comments,I learned that
MacBaren Mixture is the number one seller in the world,not this flake....the regular
mixture in the pouch.
This is a go-to tobacco,nothing fancy......just a good tobacco taste with a light
honey casing.Try some. :)

Winslow :sunny:

MacBaren tobaccos have always been of the finest quality and if You know how to smoke them they are superb. However many pipe folk don't sip on a pipe with these blends and therefore are subject to tongue bite. Just picked up a pound of Plumcake and a pound of Dark Twist at the West Coast Pipe show this past weekend. Goood Stufff. :D :D

Winslow":e1j8wtal said:
A few months ago I made a mistake and ordered a pound of this while really
wanting a pound of Navy Flake.I snarled a bit and put it off to the side thinking
I'd never smoke it.
I smoked some the other day and it's quite good which made me go to Tobacco
Reviews to see what was said of it.Mostly favorable comments,I learned that
MacBaren Mixture is the number one seller in the world,not this flake....the regular
mixture in the pouch.
This is a go-to tobacco,nothing fancy......just a good tobacco taste with a light
honey casing.Try some. :)

Winslow :sunny:
funny-- i did the same thing a few months ago. (mistakenly ordered Mixture instead of Navy). Opened some up the other day and had the same reaction. I agree, try some :)

It was one of the first flake tobaccos that I tried

I like it still and always have some on hand. It's a fine mixed-company smoke. And I think the tin description is pretty accurate: "... this unique, slow burning and slightly aromatic flake can be your companion all day long."

docwatson":mo4r8f7m said:
MacBaren tobaccos have always been of the finest quality and if You know how to smoke them they are superb. However many pipe folk don't sip on a pipe with these blends and therefore are subject to tongue bite. Just picked up a pound of Plumcake and a pound of Dark Twist at the West Coast Pipe show this past weekend. Goood Stufff. :D :D
Agreed! The Solent mixture is one of the best smoking, most unique tobacco's I've ever smoked. An old time English with only the highest quality tobacco's that smokes to a gray dust and my pipe is never wet. Plumcake is a close second. I always have both on hand.
MacBaren does know what they're doin.

Scott