MacB's Navy Flake "The Review"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the years I've smoked a dozen tins and enjoyed them; but not enough to make me want to cellar a quantity. I cannot say whether it is topped with rum, but if so it is done with a careful hand.

I would agree that this is MB's flagship blend, not "Mixture: Scottish Blend" as MB once claimed on their website. (I just went to that site and can no longer find that claim.)

Mac Barens Navy Flake...

I don't consider a burley flake a Navy Flake...
Whether touched with rum or not a Navy Flake is supposed to be Virginias.

As to NF having rum, I'd guess not... I don't detect it.

Honey? Now that's a whole different story. It has a far helping of that sugery goodness, and the burley delivers it in very good ways.

When it comes to a good burley slice McB NF is hard to beat. Great burn, very consistant flavor, what more can a piper ask for? How 'bout massive amounts of smoke, that just beg to depart your mouth as smoke rings.... And its economical to boot.

No its not in my 'regular rotation' or whatever else it is you gents seem to blather on about... But it delivers just what is promised. No suprises, no gimmicks, just a good ole fashioned smoke with ample tobacco flavor plus a little touch of golden goodness....