Mad about tobacco drying out- 9oz of Squadron Leader

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thing, if you'll indulge me --

In the hydrating on the back deck approach described above, I did rescue about two pipesful of soggy BBF that had spent the night sitting in a puddle on the bottom of the bowl. These flakes were saturated, and I was about to toss them. Then I thought - Hmmmm. And rubbed out the soggy handful and put it aside to dry. While it was still a little on the moist side, I loaded a Trypis freehand acorn and a Peterson quarter bent with tthe tobacco and let them sit for most of a day. In the afternoon I lit 'em up -- and they were very nice, indeed. Just a couple days earlier the tobacco had been a soggy mess.

Point is that there are multiple ways to rescue dry tobacco and multiple ways to dry tobacco that is too wet.

It's an application of the old army strategy: Start where you are . . . Use what you have . . . Keep moving. And don't worry overmuch about finding the One Right Way To Do Things.

...well, room for error and using common sense aside, yes... that way, there doesn't need to be "one right way" for anything. :lol:

8)

Kyle Weiss":2vq0m78g said:
JMO, but i would never use a product like this to moisten or keep moist pipe tobacco or cigars.

I tend to think time, patience, and simplicity are the best rules.

Glass bowl, covered with damp towel for, say, 3 hours, toss bacco and check back later and see whether time is needed.

The guy who posted an article using this method is some shnook. Greg something or other; I believe his last name starts with a "P?"

Anyway, YMMV.

Cheers!