Magic Eraser

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Those things really are magic. They made my smooth satin finish disappear on my favorite stanwell. :scratch: Don't ask. Lets just say the stem cleaned up so good that I took it to the bowl and *voila* no more finish. Any you magicians out there wanna share some tips on making the finish reappear? It's pretty much down to bare dry briar with the exception of a few shank spots.

Thanks in advance!

edwardbopp":fl77dt3y said:
Wow. Those things really are magic. They made my smooth satin finish disappear on my favorite stanwell. :scratch: Don't ask. Lets just say the stem cleaned up so good that I took it to the bowl and *voila* no more finish. Any you magicians out there wanna share some tips on making the finish reappear? It's pretty much down to bare dry briar with the exception of a few shank spots.

Thanks in advance!
Take the rest of the finish off, then get something like "Halcyon" or "Paragon" (do a search on this site) and shine it back up. Halcyon or its brother product requires no machinery to get a good shine..

bosun1":aszopkdf said:
edwardbopp":aszopkdf said:

Thanks in advance!
Take the rest of the finish off, then get something like "Halcyon" or "Paragon" (do a search on this site) and shine it back up. Halcyon or its brother product requires no machinery to get a good shine..
Many thanks Bosun1!

I use Magic Eraser on stems after about 6 bowls to keep them nice and clean. After everything I go through to get them all fixed up and clean, I want to keep them that way. No buffer here, just good old elbow grease. I use Paragon Wax on my smooth bowls, and after every smoke I wipe the bowl down with the Dunhill Cloth, works well. When I put some Paragon Wax on the bowl I will also wipe down the stem, works well so far. If out in the sun a lot I would also use Lip Balm unscented, every little bit helps. I like my pipes clean with minimal cake, maybe a dimes worth I would leave on. That is of course from my own smoking of the pipe not someone else's, that is from an estate pipe, yuk!! I have come across some pretty dirty ones and am amazed that someone would smoke it like that. Totally gross.!!