Mailing Cuban Cigars to Canada

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Neil

Reaction score
Do any of the Candian brothers have any experience ordering Cuban Cigars online and having them mailed into Canada? I know the threshold for pipe tobacco to avoid customs charges. Can I do the same with Cigars? Say order one 25 stick box when the limit is 50 sticks. Does anyone know of good online cuban cigar store that know's how the Customs game is palyed?
Thanks for you help.

The limit is 50 only if you are bringing them in when you return to Canada from a trip....there is no break for having them mailed to you...if they get checked, you pay taxes on 100% of all tobacco mailed to you. Having any tobacco shipped to you from out of Canada is always a gamble, and if they catch you trying to sneak something in, you can be guaranteed that they will check everything coming to you in future.

You may want to go an inexpensive option that involves no risk, and order from Cigar Chief here in Canada...they carry Cubans, have great pricing, and great shipping. The chaps on the Canadian Cigar Forum do frequent group orders from them to get quantity discounts, and to share shipping costs for even better pricing.

That being said, you and I should meet up at some point and discuss pipes and pipe tobacco....we pipe guys are few and far between here in cowtown.

Thanks Toirtis, that Cigar Chief website sounds really promissing! I will have to look into it more. I know shipping tobacco across provinces in Canada is actually illegal, but it sounds like these guys know how to do it.
I would love to meet up for a bowl sometime, shoot me a note and we can set something up!