Malware

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eklektos44

Reaction score
I keep getting a malware popup on the site. It's directing me to install some program. Is anyone else getting it?

just got it - could not shut down browser of reboot - finally had to force reboot - i am running linux and chromium.

I do not even see ads here when NOT logged in. Like this morning. Forumotion must have done something over night so I had to log in. No biggie for me. That usually just indicats they updated something. Some bug fix maybe. But I run LinuxMint and Firefox with all the Adblock stuff.

It tries w/o luck on my iPad2, I can kill the window although 1/2 the time I have to cold boot it to get it running right.
banjo

I've never had pop-up or other ad problems, but YES, I am getting this intermittent malware popup.

I keep getting this you have won a prize spin the wheel to see which one pop up. It locks up my phone and I have to pull the battery to get it to reboot.

ftrplt":tpapncpq said:
NO ads as of yet. Did have to log back in for whatever reason. :cheers: FTRPLT

Lately I've noticed several forums I visit log me off automatically at the end of the month.

I haven't had any problems,,,running Kaspersky Security.

I get logged off regularly, say once/month. Seems to be the same deal on other boards. Must be a feature of their software program, despite how often one posts. NBD.

Cheers,

RR

not to continue this on or carry this too far but was reading a post in another section and the whole page went black. solid black - hit go back on browser to previous page and it was OK. so something here is up...

In addition to having Ad Block Plus I also installed Malware bytes. There's a free edition you can use for I believe 25 days then you need to buy it. Seems like it was less than $30 for a year. It prevents most malware from getting in your computer. So far it has been the best anti malware program I've used. I don't get any pop-ups, banners, and etc, since adding Malware Bytes. You can download it here:
Malwarebytes Download :)

AJ

When I'm using the full site on any Android device it gets me. Saying I have spyware on my device, it locks up my browser. I don't have any issues using the 'mobile app' site. Sure, it's stripped down, but no ads, no pop-ups....