Man Cave Under Construction

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My advice...keep your manspace under wraps. If your local tax assessor finds out, the building inspector comes out, you get told to put a whole house sprinkler system in and your assessment hits your ceiling. Your smokes get mighty expensive if you know what I mean.

Work is still progressing albeit slowly (it's been hot in Pittsburgh like everywhere else, and the Man Cave isn't air conditioned - yet.) So progress has been limited. I apologize for the grainy images, I'll try to get better ones later this summer, however, you can see the library paneling (done in very dark "Jacobean") and the ceiling is a tongue-and-groove pine board. The walls not covered in wood paneling will be painted a colonial grey. Although still a work in progress, it's been great for regular smoking (FMOTT, Penzance, Dunhill My Mixture 965), listening to baseball games (Go Buccos!), and some history reading. Thanks for the interest.

very nice - looking forward to see more pictures :p
regards
daniel

kcjdn":sisqttgf said:
[…] Thanks for the interest. […]
You´re welcome - thanks for showing the development. I like it very much. Always great to see, how you people build those rooms in the US - it´s so different from here, where only very few persons appreciate the exeptional advantages of wood as a construction material, such as the atmospheric environment. The paneling looks very beautiful and reminds me of stained maple wood.

Kind regards
Thilo

Love the Jacobean....put many cans of that on wood over the years....thanks for the pics.

Every man should have a shed, or a man cave. Somewhere he can disappear to. Good luck on the construction. let uls see it when it is all finished.

That's awesome! You're gonna have many pleasant bowlfuls in there.

That is coming out great!! I have got to make me one of those. The garage sucks in the winter...

Blue Max":ldhexc0a said:
Wonder if this ever got done.
I don't know, but a quick scroll through the thread, I saw several posters that I miss seeing on here now. I hope things are going well with all of them.