Man of Steel -- New Superman Movie

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurgundyRed

Reaction score
[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]I went to see "Man of Steel," the new Superman movie, Tuesday. Supposedly there is some religious themes in the movie. I give the movie two stars out of four. First, it's a lot of bing...bang...boom. If one destroyed car is fun, how about hundreds. It was pretty non-stop. The theme was the start of the Superman story. Krypton is about to explode, but there is[/font][font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif] an attempted coup by the evil general of the planet. I remembered in the original story Krypton was enlightened and peace loving. Lois Lane, played by Amy Adams, figures out who Superman is before he became Clark Kent, another change.
The villain is more snarly than evil. Lois Lane is instrumental in saving Superman and the world, more in the spirit of our times. Finally, we are to believe that when Superman puts on his Clark Kent black frame glasses suddenly no one can recognize him...well that's pretty much from the old story. Oh, the religious theme is more reformed, glory in glory, than Lutheran, glory in the suffering of the cross.[/font]