Manly feat of manliness!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briarbabe

Reaction score
In a world where gender lines are melting and blurring (and I'm totally cool with that) sometimes I really appreciate a good display of manliness.

It was my weekend with my boys, so we were in the great room today making cookies. My sweetie was outside doing some yard work. My youngest who is four has been very slow with his speech and it's often hard to understand him. So, we're decorating cookies and my wee guy says, "Mama! Andy, tree!" and I ask him to say it again because I couldn't figure out the last word he said. So he says emphatically, "Andy, tree!" I'm thinking, "What is he trying to say? It sounds like he's saying tree..." so I ask him to repeat himself and with his usual "oh-for-crying-in-the-mud-you-people-are-so-ignorant" sigh he gives when asked to repeat what he said for the umpteenth time because HE knows what he's saying he says, "MAMA...ANDY...TREE!" and I turn and look out the huge window and he's right, there's Andy, in his big 'ol Ford pickup, Big Blue, tow straps around a huge fallen tree, working at pulling it out of the woods.

He really had to work to get that sucker out, but about 5 minutes after putting it into 4 lo and tearing up the yard a bit he managed to pull that tree out of all that underbrush and up the yard to the shop. He got out of the truck with his dirty work jeans and stood, leather gloved hands on his hips surveying his work. He turned to face the window and smiled with pride at me.

I will tell you gents, I was so moved by this display of pure, concentrated maleness I may have conceived right there on the spot. Whoo boy, I swear if he had whipped out the chainsaw, it'd probably be twins! I do love me a hard working, sweaty man. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Funny. We have something in common. I've always been turned on by watching a hard working, sweaty woman--usually while sipping a good bourbon and listening to Debussy. :D

Richard Burley":wm2b8v15 said:
Funny.  We have something in common.  I've always been turned on by watching a hard working, sweaty woman--usually while sipping a good bourbon and listening to Debussy.  :D  
Make mine a good scotch and save me a seat on the porch. ;)

Briarbabe":460mch7v said:
Richard Burley":460mch7v said:
Funny.  We have something in common.  I've always been turned on by watching a hard working, sweaty woman--usually while sipping a good bourbon and listening to Debussy.  :D  
Any time. We can hold hands. :heart:

Richard Burley":izpnnbdd said:
Briarbabe":izpnnbdd said:
Richard Burley":izpnnbdd said:
Any time.  We can hold hands.  :heart:
Sweaty hands, hehe.

Briarbabe":ltjqjkmz said:
Richard Burley":ltjqjkmz said:
Briarbabe":ltjqjkmz said:
Richard Burley":ltjqjkmz said:
Sweaty hands, hehe.
Haha!

Long time since you been around, hope all is well.

You're too funny

PozzSka":84hq15sc said:
Briarbabe":84hq15sc said:
Richard Burley":84hq15sc said:
Briarbabe":84hq15sc said:
Richard Burley":84hq15sc said:
Sweaty hands, hehe.
Haha!  

Long time since you been around, hope all is well.  

You're too funny
Hey! Missed you. I'm doing mahhhvelous dahling. Clearly, as I have time to be rattling chains in here. ;)

What's he planning to make out of the tree, He have a project in mind or splitting it for firewood?

i.keenum":3912n37r said:
What's he planning to make out of the tree, He have a project in mind or splitting it for firewood?
Firewood. He got a wood stove for the shop the other weekend. I'll be displaying my manliness soon as well with my Fiskars splitting axe. ;)

Axe?? I use a maul. Helps to split the oak my dad and I usually get. Nothing like getting up before the sun. Having about a dozen eggs for breakfast. Felling a four foot wide oak. Blocking it. Loading it in the bed of the truck. Then spending the rest of the day drinking shine to break the chill and working up a sweat busting the hell out of some tough ass wood. It gives you a real sense of accomplishment. Good on you and your man for keeping it "old school".

Feazelle-n-it":zhr9lynt said:
Axe?? I use a maul.
You'd be surprised. I have used everything from regular Axes, to wedges and sledges, to mauls, and nothing, nothing splits as effortlessly as the Fiskars. Mine is only 28", but I think they have a 36" now. That sucker could probably split concrete.

I spent years swinging an axe to split wood, but I've never had as much success as I've had with my maul. Never had a Fiskars though. Is there something special about the design? Might have to make it on my Christmas list.

Yeah, it has these flares on the side, so it has the geometry of a maul, but the weight and aerodynamics of a traditional axe.

122480-splitting-axe-x25-alt1.jpg" style="width: 640px;height: 400px

Love their products. Worked at home depot in high school around 7 years ago and still have a pair of scissors I bought when I worked there. Try saying fiskar scissors 5 times fast. :D