Man's Best Friend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

A couple of months ago our old mutt dog 'Rosie' went to the big kennel in the sky. I missed having a dog, so recently started searching for a new family dog. In doing so I found that Boxers make great family dogs; Protective of their homes and adoptive families with an agressive look & bark but without being an attack dog like Pit Bulls etc.. So we found this little fellow and picked him up Saturday morning.
His name is Buddy. He's fitting right in, smart, and very cute.
I know others on this forum have their dogs, feel free to post photo's & stories of your best friends here.

That's a great breed,you should be happy with him.Why does he look so sad?

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":nlon2mmt said:
That's a great breed,you should be happy with him.Why does he look so sad?

Winslow :sunny:
That's his happy look! :D
You should see him when he is really sad. :cry:

Looks like a fine dog. My brother had one for years and it went with him wherever he went. He made a great friend.

What a little champ! He'll be a tough customer when he grows into those big paws.

Best of luck with your new best friend. Great looking pup.

I don't know where this quote originates, but I've always loved it:

"All I ever needed to know about life, I learned from my dog"

I love my Ceili (pronounced kaylee) (Irish for 'party' very loosely translated) a 13 year old Golden Retriever to pieces! Having never had children between us (my wife had a daughter by a previous marriage) Ceili has been our 'child' together, with all the trials and troubles which come with owning and caring for a dog. She is getting old in dog years, and starting to decline (rather rapidly I'm afraid) has arthritis and skin problems which are beginning to leave a mark. More than once we have talked about how long we should continue to care for her, even having talked this over with our vet. Our vet assures us that Ceili is well, has a few years to go, but that he will let us know when the time is approaching.

I really can't imagine how a dog could ever ask so little of us and give so much in return, they certainly have to be among the very noblest of God's creatures ...

May your new companion bring you all many years of shared love and learning, dogs have much to teach us if we are listening.

I recently lost my boxer, Rocky. Boxers have a lot of personality and he thought he was human with all the privileges and respect due to a human. He rode shotgun faithfully and guarded tots and children as if they were his own. I think Boxers are a wonderful breed and you've made a great choice. Pass along a back scratch and a belly rub from me,,,, :cheers:

mark":rqusif4l said:
I recently lost my boxer, Rocky. Boxers have a lot of personality and he thought he was human with all the privileges and respect due to a human. He rode shotgun faithfully and guarded tots and children as if they were his own. I think Boxers are a wonderful breed and you've made a great choice. Pass along a back scratch and a belly rub from me,,,, :cheers:
Mark,
Buddy's father's name is Rocky, he is about 80 lbs & they had a spike collar on him, when we pulled up in the driveway he was on the porch barking; made us pause in getting out of our vehicle. When his owner came out we got out and he then came to greet us, a very personable guy. His Mother was on site too, they seemed to be very good & obedient dogs. I'll give him a good scratch & rub for you.

Kilted,
Our old Rosie went downhill quickly, she was getting very arthritic & wetting herself uncontrolably. She just disappeared one day; I found her several days later in an old unused dog house on our property, like she wanted to be alone. Growing up in the country we had dogs do this often, they knew they were moving on so they would wander off to a quiet, peaceful place, lay down and pass through to doggie heaven, where the rabbits & cats are slow and declawed.

He will be a good friend. We can learn so much about the Lord's desire for our lives through our K-9 friends!

What a real good looking dog, I'm fond of big dogs. I lost my 139 lb Rottweiler in 2008, and previously had a 156lb Rottweiler which passed in 2004 who was 9 years old.
Good luck and happiness with yours EJ.

John

I have a couple of friends who have Boxers and as you say they seem to make great family dogs. If I was going to get a larger dog they would be one of the first that I would look into. They seem to be very smart and intelligent.