Marcus Daniel Pipe Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wet Dottle":bhhznsb7 said:
I've never heard of them, but those prices look steep...

I agree those prices are really high. But of course that will make some folks think they HAVE to be superior blends. 

In Naples, FL for business, I stopped in the only tobacconist I saw relatively close to my hotel (Marcus Daniel). I liked the atmosphere but like a lot of shops, very heavy on cigars and light on pipes. A couple of dozen pipes in a case, almost exclusively Petersons. Only tobacco was very small amounts of Robin Hood blends in jars - apparently the brand is a house brand by their resident pipe guy. I purchased 2 oz of the one blend I liked - called Black English. I brought it back to the hotel and had a bowl -very moist and flavorful. I like to so much that I went back today and bought out the extent of the jar.

I will keep about an ounce to smoke and the rest gets cellared. I paid $5.25 and ounce for about 6 total ounces. I liked it immediately upon smoking it and can imagine a marked improvement after cellaring for a year or so.