Mars fail

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyson

Reaction score
So, I was outside smoking at 2am tonight, and although the wind was up very high again making it a fairly unpleasant experience, the night was very bright. I was picking out a couple of things to try to get shots of (night time long exposure shots for starfields is something I've been interested in for a while but I have yet to get good results) and I saw that Mars was out, so I figured I'd try my luck on it. The only problem was I was taking pictures freehand, and night time shots generally need long exposure. No problem I thought, I'll just lie on this bench, wedge my elbow between the bench and the wall so it cant move, support it with my other hand, stop breathing while I take the shot ect... the result? Scroll down.

marsvy.jpg

Fail. Utter fail. I'd have sworn I was keeping totally still, just goes to show... bring a damn tripod! :)

I don't think you have a future as a sniper........

:lol!:

Fraternally

Jers

Aristokles":xdfq8d79 said:
An interesting take on "shutter speed" -shudder... :)
Ha! Eight seconds wide-open by hand? Why not? :lol:

Rob, only after about half a bottle of scotch does Mars look consistently that good...

... :lol:

8)

All i see is an owl watching a guy spear a whale. :lol: :lol:

You just have to learn how to stop your heart from beating Grasshopper! (g)