Maruman lighter question

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCook

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a bunch-o-lighters cheap, and among them was a Maruman GL-67 pipe lighter. Nice old boy type, weighs a slug and a half and seems brand new. Being the tinkerer I am, I dis- and re-assembled it and it seems quite well made and servicable. That is, if I could only get butane in the thing. The filling valve is like a tire valve with a toggle that needs to be pressed by the butane source. Years ago, butane cans had adapters for different lighter brands. Not any more, it seems, they just have a straight hollow "universal" filler pipe.

Any Marumanmen out there that know a brand of butane that has a nozzle/adapter that will work? No luck so far.

GCook":te32u8s0 said:
Years ago, butane cans had adapters for different lighter brands. Not any more, it seems, they just have a straight hollow "universal" filler pipe.

Any Marumanmen out there that know a brand of butane that has a nozzle/adapter that will work? No luck so far.
I use either Power 5X or king as they seem to have the cleanest burn. Both of these brands still have the multiple filler tip kit in the cap.
Like this:

Hope that helps

leftover421":7iqzw8e6 said:
GCook":7iqzw8e6 said:
Years ago, butane cans had adapters for different lighter brands. Not any more, it seems, they just have a straight hollow "universal" filler pipe.

I use either Power 5X or king as they seem to have the cleanest burn. Both of these brands still have the multiple filler tip kit in the cap.

Hope that helps

Thanks, it did. I found a can in a local large liquor store that to my surprise now also sells cigars, pipes and (gasp!) Dunhill, SG, CAO, G&H and similar tins of pipeweed at decent prices. Stocked up on FVF!

The second adapter I tried worked, sort of. What went in, slowly leaked out. Back to the tinker's bench to measure some o-rings. I'm determined to make this work