MarylanD Bans Internet sales

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDPipeSmoker

Reaction score
OK So anyone have anythoughts on this? I find it troubling, having to drive 2 or 3 hours now to get my Boswell isnt how I want to spend my saturday. I know its all about taxes and money but isnt there something about this that illegal.....I can only hope. I just dont see how they ban internet sales of only specific items. You can order books but not tobacco, it seems hypocritical to me to pick and choose what you will allow your residentts to buy and how. Any one have any ideas on we can get around this or get this over turned??

Hang on to your socks,when they pass the outdoor smoking ban this summer you can spend all your time in pa.

MD,

Can you place an order over the phone to out of state stores or did the state ban tobacco imports all together?

thats a good question, I dont know if its internet exllusivley or mail order type transactions totaly.

I am under the impression that this includes phone and Internet orders. I am planning on setting up a p.o. Box in pa to combat the issue. While my local tobac shops have a decent selection, I will still need to stock up on my peretti, wilke, and rattrays. Let's use this as an opportunity to bring Maryland pipe smokers closer together. I propose we form a statewide club, combining existing clubs. Once every month or two members could put in orders for tobacco. Someone like myself who is 20 min from the mason dixon line would collect the money and orders, have the tobac shipped to the pa p.o. Box, and then we could meet up and split up the tobacco. What do you guys think?

Hey Scott,

Dont forget you guys have at least one friend up in PA. Let me know if I can help you MD boys out at all. Not sure if you can still get stuff mailed from out of state or not, but I'd be glad to act as a go between or some such.

Frost":gq5szmgg said:
Hey Scott,

Dont forget you guys have at least one friend up in PA. Let me know if I can help you MD boys out at all. Not sure if you can still get stuff mailed from out of state or not, but I'd be glad to act as a go between or some such.
Sounds good man! It is a sad day indeed though. I already have to go to Philly to get beer since md doesn't have good distribution, not to mention md doesn't allow alcohol to be shipped thru the mail. Guess I shouldn't be surprised tobacco is being added to the list. Thanks for the offer though. It's good to have a friend close by whose state hasn't gone nanny yet!