Match.com discriminates against us

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do what I did... Walk into a gas station, and ask about tobacco shops... Works every time... (Don't test it though. If it works stick with it).
Zach

I wish you all the luck in internet dating George!

I tried it myself at a point but didn't have much luck. All the guys seemed to be looking for 21-year-old Asian gymnasts not old pipe-smoking hags. :p

I prefer old pipe smoking hags myself. I don't speak Asian. Just sayin.

Rob_In_MO":ddr8dj2j said:
George Kaplan":ddr8dj2j said:
...and I'm looking for a 21-year-old Asian gymnast who likes to dress in schoolgirl uniforms, but I'm not holding my breath!

Here's one for you, Brother George!

orient11.jpg
If I looked that good in a uniform, that is ALL I would ever waer....She's a looker.

You could do what my husband did. Pay thousands of dollars to join a dating service. Get set up on a date with a girl who is nothing like what you said you were looking for. Meet her at Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. After sending her on her way after she has eaten an app, dinner, two (YES TWO) desserts and a few drings, you stick around and talk to the servers. At about 11pm there will be a server sitting behind you talking college football with a friend. Turn around and make a comment about how her favorite team sucks and that Nebraska footabll is the best. The rest, as they say, is history. That is really how I met my husband by the way. I thanks God every day for that horrible date (and no, I wasn't the one who waited on them and he called one of the other girls before he called me and she never called him back......great for me :D )

Rob_In_MO":c1fo98z4 said:
George Kaplan":c1fo98z4 said:
...and I'm looking for a 21-year-old Asian gymnast who likes to dress in schoolgirl uniforms, but I'm not holding my breath!

Here's one for you, Brother George!

orient11.jpg
DAMN Rob! I committed 3 sins just scrolling down that one :twisted:

Whoa! Someone dug up zombie post while I was away, and it wasn't even Kaiser that did the re-animating this time. :p
So Zach, am I to understand you met Michelle in a gas station? :scratch:
Also, Scottie, that's a great story. I guess I'll have to start hanging out in gas stations and insulting servers. I can manage that. I don't know if I can handle college football, though.
On a related note, I just had brunch with my mother. The (obviously lesbian) waitress and I had some witty banter going. My mom (Mrs. Oblivious) leans in and says to me, "I don't see a ring on her finger; maybe you should ask her out."
"Mom," I deadpan, "I don't think I have what it takes to date that woman."
My mother, always encouraging, replies, "Come on. What would it take that you haven't got?"
I look her straight in the eye and answer, "A vagina."
Ever seen a 70-year-old woman spew chardonnay through her nose? I wish I could have gotten a picture!

George Kaplan":t8jr18vh said:
Whoa! Someone dug up zombie post while I was away, and it wasn't even Kaiser that did the re-animating this time. :p
So Zach, am I to understand you met Michelle in a gas station? :scratch:
Also, Scottie, that's a great story. I guess I'll have to start hanging out in gas stations and insulting servers. I can manage that. I don't know if I can handle college football, though.
On a related note, I just had brunch with my mother. The (obviously lesbian) waitress and I had some witty banter going. My mom (Mrs. Oblivious) leans in and says to me, "I don't see a ring on her finger; maybe you should ask her out."
"Mom," I deadpan, "I don't think I have what it takes to date that woman."
My mother, always encouraging, replies, "Come on. What would it take that you haven't got?"
I look her straight in the eye and answer, "A vagina."
Ever seen a 70-year-old woman spew chardonnay through her nose? I wish I could have gotten a picture!
:lol!:

Yes. I did. I actually walked into a gas station where my friend said a hookah smoker was employed. I waltzed in, cocky as can be, and asked her about shisha. Than afterwards she promised to pick up some for me. A month or two go by, than my friend and I went to her apartment for a movie and hookah smoke. It was fantastic. A week or two went by than I asked my friend if he wanted to go back to her house. He said no, so I went alone. I started going weekly, visiting her at work, than going to her house for a movie and hookah. Than it became daily, than I started to stay the night every night (Nothing dirty) until 3 in the morning just laying in bed talking, Me sweet talking her. Than I started Spending the night every night. Than one night, we decided to date. It took me a while to figure her out, but once I did, I fell madly in love with her. It's odd, but that's how "We" happened.
Zach

Great story, Zach. I think I'll have to start getting my gas in better neighborhoods. Around here, all the stations are staffed by scowling Sikhs and populated by panhandlers and crack hos. Before Oak Street Market was condemned for un-repaired bullet holes, there was this couple the locals called "Bobby and Whitney". :p

There's little bits missing from the story, but I won't bother you with those. Best way to do it, is to get face to face. It's easy to find someone attractive, but difficult as hell to find someone who you can relate to. Opposites do not attract in the dating world. I once dated an overly left wing atheist hooker who had a strange attraction and almost fetish for cherry chap stick. Let's just say it lasted a couple weeks.
I know I'm young, and advice given is probably overlooked 90 percent of the time, but I'm just throwing my pennies around.
Zach

George Kaplan":eqhoquyf said:
Great story, Zach. I think I'll have to start getting my gas in better neighborhoods. Around here, all the stations are staffed by scowling Sikhs and populated by panhandlers and crack hos. Before Oak Street Market was condemned for un-repaired bullet holes, there was this couple the locals called "Bobby and Whitney". :p
You see, these pop cultural references went missing while you were away.

Just caught myself up....didn't see this had come back around.

I found my husband just about the time I stopped looking for someone to date. I was in a (i use this word very loosly) relationship with a guy that consisted of hanging out and watching tv. Within a week of me meeting my husband he (the guy I was seeing) found someone too. I guess we were just comfortable spending our "lonely" time together hanging out. Anyway, he and the girl he met have been married for quite some time too. Funny how things work out.

A joke 4 U--

Once there was a handsome prince who loved a beautiful princess very much. He asked for her hand in holy wedlock. She said, "No."

So the handsome prince bought a new pipe anytime he pleased, built a huge hoard of aging pipeweed, smoked indoors anytime, threw newspapers and magazines on the floor, left them there 'til trash day, built a wardrobe consisting entirely of colorful t-shirts, jeans, boots and free caps, bought a boat, bought a 4wd truck to tow it, smoked in the boat and truck, started a collection of pistolas, built a firing range in the basement, adopted several dogs and allowed them indoors on the furniture, bought a motorcycle . . .

Yah, there's a somewhat different version for the ladies. The funniest thing is that some women seem surprised there's a guy version:)

FWIW the best way to find The Right One For You is to absolutely, positively give up the search.

Good luck.

I like the way you think, Kevin. That's pretty much the way I've been sliding lately. :D