Maybe I am crazy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser83

Reaction score
But this guys prices don't seem too far out of line for what he's offering.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/banjobob48/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_trksid=p2050430
The big Moretti horn is especially sexy, but that is just not happening right now.

And I picked up the Davidoff. I had my eyes on the same Davidoff pipe in Dubai at the airport but they were about 100 more than this one...I'm always down for an estate.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Davidoff-104-1-2-bent-sandblast-briar-pipe-w-hand-cut-bit-looks-unsmoked-/281044538878?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416f8f55fe

I am completely going to jerk that stinger out of there though. And by the pics I do think it has been smoked, but gently. Hope it is as nice in person...and I will let you know when it gets here in a few weeks.

Its good to see an Ebayer selling nice stuff at buy-it-now prices that are actually acceptable, with the exception of the David Jones which often close for less than that in Jones' own Ebay store. For my tastes, if I were buying pipes today I'd jump on that Viprati.

Steve

The Comoy's Christmas bent bulldog and Lane era Charatan Belvedere would be my picks :p

petertschantz":ojhfknma said:
I'm trying very hard not to look at the Viprati bamboo Churchwarden again....
You mean this one?
mBOXx_huvJ-SXizyaX0celg.jpg

I am an enabler...as we all should be. Don't leave me alone spending money...jeesh. Oh he emailed right away about shipping it today.

yep, that is the one!

semi-fortunately for me, that one ends before payday, and I'm busted til then :D

*AD has taken it's toll this pay period hehehe

Grrr...the giant Moretti has 20 days left, would someone hurry up and buy the dang thing please so I don't have to!!! Also the guy emailed me and told me he has a bunch more of the guys pipes he will slowly be posting up. Whoever the original owner was needs to hurry up and be my mentor, I'd love to see his original collection..and what he is keeping.

Congratulations on the new pipe! :cheers: :cheers:

The Moretti is working its mojo on ya!

Fraternally

Jers

Kaiser, that Moretti wouldn't look as good in anyone elses mouth but yours!!

Clay":17i6z6hh said:
Kaiser, that Moretti wouldn't look as good in anyone elses mouth but yours!!
I hate you. I just bid on another Moretti horn. If I get outbid on it then maybe I will blow my load on the one this guy has...maybe.

Frickin' enablers...it's only funny when I am enabling, not when I am being enabled darn it all.

Kai, IMO, I think that the Moretti horn is a little overpriced. While I do like the shape of that particular horn, it is not a magnum size. You can easily determine a magnum by the overall weight of the pipe.

Secondly, it is a smoked estate, as well as a rusticated version. The smooth versions typically get higher bids on Marco's ebay page.

Here is a smooth that I would much rather have, that is almost identical in size, as well as it has one of Marco's rarer contrast staining. It should sell for much less, unless someone gets carried away.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moretti-Pipe-Fantastic-Contrast-Freehand-Horn-No-Reserve-/290850583228?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b80bb2bc

That is a beaut Dutch. I just like the way rustication/blasting look on pipes a bit more than normal smooth. I did put in a bid on this one, but I expect to lose it (which really won't disappoint me). http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Moretti-Horn-Pipe-NEW-Unsmoked-/251215749181?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7da0203d

I also just got an email and am probably going to snatch up two rusticated Moretti's (which is why I am not too worried about the one on eBay). I have an odd list of pipes in my head that I want to slowly put into my pipe collection. Davidoff was on there so I got one. Ashton is on there and eventually I will find one that I like, but not as of yet. Still I love my Pete's, and really enjoy the pipes from the brothers here.