Maybe it's because i'm a young guy...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthonyx2b

Reaction score
I really enjoy ACID cigars, specifically their blondeys. Ive had quite a few JAVA cigars and Oliva V. What are the bros thoughts on ACIDS?

Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. It is that simple. I hate hippie flavored cigars myself. Your tastes will likely change as you get older.

Yup. Smoke what you like. For me, I don't know why you would cover up the taste of premium tobacco with all that extra flavoring.

While I usually smoke non infused cigars, I do enjoy the diversion of a flavored cigar from time to time. Especially so when in the company of people who have never tried smoking cigars. It can be an excellent way to turn someone on to getting started enjoying premium cigars.

I have a small ceramic humidor devoted to the Acid brand. My favorites are the Nefasto, Nasty, and the Extra Ordinary Larry. 8)

I don't normally smoke flavored cigars...but when I do, I smoke CAO.

I purchased some Drew Estate Natural cigars, not understanding they were flavored. I talked to my local shop about them and he said that those and ACID are very popular. Not my thing, but enjoy what you smoke!

PS. I was amused with the Natural Root that there was more smoke from the infused wrapper than from smoking the cigar, almost like it was smoking itself.

Anthony I love Acid cigars and they were kinda my entry way into smoking pipes. If Drew Estates made pipe tobacco I'd be knocking on the shop door before they opened the day it came out.

Be free and enjoy what you like. Drew Estate marketed these smokes for young bucks like yourself. You don't have to answer to anyone. My first smokes were Macanudo's. Helped me sit and do nothing for an hour. If you knew me 20 years ago I was stressed and had too much responsibility and worked all hours in the information technology business. If it wasn't for those smokes I probably wouldn't be here today.

Today, I'm still in the IT business and still work all hours in a startup company. The difference is I'm not stressed about it and relax with my pipe to plan out the day and weeks ahead. I went from Macanudo's to Cuban cigars that made most normal folks turn green and lay down. Kept up the kick in the head smokes until cigar all tasted the same. Reason I enjoy the pipe tobacco more now is the variety of blends and tastes. Horizons change when you get older and this is a great place to get advice and try new things.

I myself never did cigarettes and that is probably a good thing. Got my first pipe about 7 years after smoking cigars and did both for a time. Mostly cigars until about couple of years ago. Now it has flipped. Occasional cigar, which I can now enjoy without being tired of it but my pipe is now my daily routine.

Enjoy!

I always keep several Acid Kuba Kubas on hand in a seperate acrylic humidor,every ounce in a wile I enjoy haveing one.I like the way the flavors blend in and compliment the tobaccos in the cigar.

So you guys are smoking Cigars on ACID? :shock:

:lol!:

Ok, seriously now: If you like and enjoy them, then by all means smoke them. At the end of the day, you're the only one that you have to make happy with your tobacco and cigar selections.

I've smoked cigarettes off and on for centuries;); now on, but diminishing. Pipe for 11 years. Trained on natural pipe tobacco and that became my bias. For me natural tobacco has so many colors that I can steer away from topping. Smoked cigars intensively for a year, mostly Nicaraguan but also loved the Dominican Fuente Don Carlos and Anejo and La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisels; but finally loved Cubans, especially Rafael Gonzalez Panetelas Extra, 5 X 36 for 25, which can be had dirt cheap at $60.00/box. Medium. I loved their taste but it's been 8 months since I smoked one so I really can't begin to accurately describe their flavor. Very different from everything else.

Cigars can break you; like golf, a rich man's habit, especially the good ones. Sold my three humidors at the end of the last round but will probably get another when the time is right. I really don't plan to court cigars again due to cost; at any rate I love the pipe a good bit more.

Never wanted to try an ACID; perhaps my loss.

Right now, I have one Acid in my Humidor. Cuba Deluxe I believe. Otherwise, the ACIDs that I've tried I haven't been too fond of. I (as of lately) stick to mainly Maduro Perdomos. Really anything with a Maduro/Oscuro wrapper. I'm just attracted to darker wrappers. No idea why.
Like said above, smoke what you like, like what you smoke. No one can tell you what you like but you.
Zach

Yeah, they are a cigar I really enjoy. It's nice to kick back with one and enjoy being young with a sweet taste and a sweet smell.

I almost bought a blondie when I was at the shop today..... almost :twisted:

This, first and foremost:

BriarBrad":abcf6q4p said:
Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. It is that simple.

Though, I personally can't stand them. Funny, because I wholeheartedly enjoy aromatic pipe tobacco.

I started into cigars smoking acid blondies, I went through the whole acid line and into drew estates naturals, ambrosia, now I don't find myself going after the infused cigars as much I look more for the Liga Privada's and the my uzi weighs a ton line, like others have said already enjoy them and don't be surprised if your tastes change