Maybe my new favorite cooking show

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
So I have had plenty of down time here and accidentally stumbled on a YouTube channel called Cowboy Kent Rollins, I think it may be my new favorite cooking show. He does most everything out of an old fashioned wagon kitchen with a big ole wood burning stove. If you have a chance and like to watch cooking show I recommend checking it out, he has a great personality as well.

https://m.youtube.com/user/krollins57/videos

He is a real character. He also turns out some really good looking food especially considering the conditions under which he cooks. That takes years of practice.

Jim

I’ve been following him for a couple months now. I found him by searching for cooking with Dutch ovens and cowboy coffee. That guy can cook some amazing looking stuff and outside too on a fire.

And he beat Bobby Flay, if I remember correctly, doing chicken fried steaks.

I hope to be buried in well-seasoned cast iron, with a small horde of Viking shooting at my litter as it floats away on the currents.

Yes, he is great. And his assistant is well-seasoned as well!

peanubutter":ebfbjg4i said:
And he beat Bobby Flay, if I remember correctly, doing chicken fried steaks.
My favorite dish of all time. But keep that white swamp stuff far FAR to the side!

Youtube is the best cooking channel at the moment. You can actually learn technique, chemistry, and real recipes...like you were once able to do on Food Network/Food TV. The only cooking show I enjoy now on TV is Milk Street on PBS (and also now on youtube).

Check out the Bon Appetit channel on youtube. They have several different series, from deconstructing classic candies and snacks to Korean recipes to Mexican recipes to grow culture (yeasts and breads) to probably things I don't even know about yet. And the cooks are fun people who never thought they'd be on camera. They aren't looking to be the next pop chef. I've picked up a few great recipes from them.