McClelland and Ketchup?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justpipes":k2jiys49 said:
I'm a crow for sure! :D Except when it comes to McClelland blends. I guess I just never developed a taste for them. Maybe too many OTC blends.
JP,

From what I've gathered from your multiple posting to your aversion of McClelland tobaccos you've never gotten past the tin aroma of what you perceive to be malt vinegar or ketchup. Have you ever smoked a tin? I've smoke quite a few and they were all absolutely delightful. Maybe you should give a tin or too a try, you may just change your mind. I've also noticed that if anyone brings up the McClelland name you ultimately reply with "KETCHUP", and it sure is getting tiresome, at least for me. We get it, you don't like McClelland tobacco.

Just my humble opinion, still love ya brother ....

Dan

Jack,

A few years ago I had heard (or read) that story about you and was quite impressed. So much so that it had stuck firmly in my mind. At a similar age but not having the talent that you do, I used one of my dad's pipes stuffed with tobacco from my mother's Herbert Tareton butts retrieved from an ash tray for my first smoke.

Anyway, I should have qualified my statement about McC tobaccos to state many have a distinctive cider vinegar like no other brand to me. I do occasionally smoke #5100, #2015 and McCranie's Red Ribbon which to me don't have their secret ingredient in noticeable quantities.

I have been called a crow due to my penchant for picking up anything shiny I find. However I have yet to try coffee grinds.

Jim..hoping one day to add a Howell pipe to my rotation but not for smoking coffee grinds

Heh, heh. There were a few other boys around, and it seemed like all of them were fascinated by smoking, while few of them had access to actual tobacco. Coffee grounds and pieces of dried grape vine were two frequently touted alternatives. My pouch of Red Man was an El Dorado in that time and place. :roll:

A short-lived one, though. My parents put the kebosh on it when they arrived to pick me up.

Jack