McClelland Classic Samsun

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benton

Reaction score
Anyone else smoking Classic Samsun? I just got it on Friday and spend the weekend trying it. I think the VA/oriental combination is a winner.

I am working diligently through the Grand Orientals. Classic Samsun is an important blend. Thanks for posting this. I'll post more when I figure out what I think.

Smoked em both with Muddler, we opened fresh tins to test them out, they were very good off the bat!
I wonder what a couple of yrs in cellar will do????

Bottom line, they are both fantastic orientals!!

So far, after Syrian Full Balkan, Classic Samsun has proved my favourite of the Grand Orientals. It's unique, peppery taste is very appealing.

Haven't popped the tins yet. Have 3 in the cellar and want to get a little age on them. The Drama Reserve is good, though.

Classic Samsun is the first blend that I've tried that was good enough to distract me from the rest of my collection entirely. I have smoked very little else since May. It's a great, well-behaved VA with a little toasty flavor and fantastic room note from the Samsun.

Drama Reserve is also good. The "olive oil" flavor is very distinctive and not disgusting like you might imagine. The blend has a little bitterness similar to a burly, but it comes and goes.

A friend gave me half a tin of Yejinde Highlander, which I can't recommend. It has a very small amount of latakia in it. I think that latakia in small amounts makes a blend muddy and boring. In Yejinde Highlander, it covers up the subtle flavors of the VA and oriental, but isn't strong enough to add much flavor. In my opinion latakia is best blended in with a heavy hand or not at all.

ok, smoked more Classic samsun with Muddler the other day. I am convinced after another bout with the stuff that is is some of the best orientals I have ever smoked!!!!! A must for every cellar!! :cheers: :cheers: