McClelland's Orient 996

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
yum. the beginning of the bowl I can taste the yenidje, the sugary virginia's with a small hit of syrian. well I have to say it, this tastes like balkan sobranie white. of all the remakes I've had this is closest if not exact. truly a feat in blending. I get a little bite from this but it might be me from constant tugs at my pipe, savouring each hit and drooling like a fool all over the stem! I am quite sure certain pipesters would want me to shut up about this so they can have balkan sobranie white reborn as orient 996 all to themselves but phooey to them. absolutely stunning! now I hope they do a remake of virginia # 10. Delicious!

let us pray..... oh blender of superb blends, mike mcneill .. please do your utmost to come upon the favor to grant us poor pipesmoking souls an attempt at virginia # 10 to satisfy our precious pipes desire to have this delectable cigar blend once again..... amen and hallelujah and all that... maybe we should resort to shameless begging! pulleeze, pretty please with cigar leaf on top? wait I just had a flashback to my junior year of high school with a really pretty girl and adamantly begging, but I digress! with the quality of leaf the big M has been blessing us with I believe they can do it!

Thanx for the review. Another blend I have yet to try; but have several aging on the shelf :cheers: :pipe: FTRPLT

Orient 996 is probably my favorite PCCA blend. But perhaps it is Cyprian Star. It's a toss-up.

just a follow up, this is getting better and better! if smoked slowly enough that wine like syrian really comes out. mmmm , delicious! get some! there is a large order in my future.

Wet Dottle":js2s713w said:
Orient 996 is probably my favorite PCCA blend. But perhaps it is Cyprian Star. It's a toss-up.
Have one tin of each plus syrian star sitting in my cellar. :D I guess I should pick up some more 996 when I get the chance.

Great Review! I love this stuff too, Though I dry it almost to the bone before smoking. Seems to eek out a bit more of the Orientals, Burns better, and no nippy.....
Can't wait to see it in a year or so....

you guys write awesome reviews, makes me wonder why I didn't join sooner. Gotta try this on too.
Thanks bud!